Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2022

George BM

24 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Nuts that I can't recall it.

It’s probably because you had to stay up overnight to see the peak of it. It started when most people would be going to bed. By the time I walked outside at 9 am, my street was already plowed. We (weatherboard folks) spent the rest of the day waiting for the ULL backside snow. The RGEM spit out an insane solution on one run of like 15”+ with the ULL passage. 

2 hours ago, mattie g said:

We got smashed by both January 1996 storms in Lewisburg, PA. Buddy and I drove back to school right after the January 12 storm to a scene I had never experienced before, nor have I since. Four-lane state roads with one lane plowed either way and snow banks up and over the roofs of cars. Wading through waist-high powder when trying to get into our fraternity house. Roof collapses. And then the massive flooding on the Susquehanna only a week later. Truly epic stuff!

Those extreme conditions are hard for me to imagine for northcentral PA. I probably should remember hearing about some of those effects back then from up there (sister and mom still live in Williamsport), but the ONLY thing I remember about the back to back January 1996 storms is that we were trapped inside our small townhouse for nearly two weeks. With our six-month old infant son. Who was VERY colicky.  :( 

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I am glad to finally see the masses rise up against the cartographers, for TOO long have they imposed their “legends” on us. Well no more I say! Let maps mean anything! How G-d intended!

E929F7EF-3BA1-407C-A846-08499C4B90D9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Deck Pic said:

Just under 9" for me....Kind of a disaster here...The flip happened exactly when the models predicted and yet we all collectively pretended they would be wrong.   Very tight gradient here...I think 3-4 miles to my NW got a foot.

I’m surprised that low, I saw Ian had 10.5, that’s a heck of a gradient 

4 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

Just under 9" for me....Kind of a disaster here...The flip happened exactly when the models predicted and yet we all collectively pretended they would be wrong.   Very tight gradient here...I think 3-4 miles to my NW got a foot.

OMFG. I do live in a snow hell hole. 7.5” and I’m sure I had more hours of sleet/rain than snow. 

There’s a reason I don’t remember this storm

Just now, H2O said:

Hey mods, can we get a STORM MODE thread?  People are posting waaaaaaaay too many maps with no legends, north arrow or map scale. 

What kind of place you all running here?  

I thought my complaining would do the trick tbh

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I am glad to finally see the masses rise up against the cartographers, for TOO long have they imposed their “legends” on us. Well no more I say! Let maps mean anything! How G-d intended!

I had a cartography professor constantly berate me for putting north arrows on all my maps.. to this day seeing one makes me cringe 

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic