Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2022

George BM

8 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Honestly I'm not sure who they are talking about. Wes still chimes in occasionally but can be found at CWG. HM was always a rarity but is pretty active on Twitter and seems to have a child now. DT was just plain nuts but clearly has a business and is active on FB and Twitter when not banned. Matt still posts but if you have followed him over the years even his FB posts are non existent anymore so he pops in here for big events vs spending 20 hours a day on here. Ian left to go be a thinktank something or other but he had his battles here many of which he started in my opinion. I guess there are others who have left but i'm not sure I know or even knew who they were. I've been around since 2003 and there has always been crap posters including my own posts. I know what I am and what I do and don't contribute....anybody remember that Colin dude from Philly....was he any different than some of these newer guys? I don't know....I still enjoy coming here and reading, probably always will as long as it exists. As I said i know who and what I am as a poster so if i'm not your cup of tea then go drink coffee. Good luck on the potential storm everyone.

yeah - i also lived in NYC for most of the 2010s, and they have their own crop of crazy posters (and good ones).  As far as I know, there are still some really solid posters from there (Don S, etc).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Honestly I'm not sure who they are talking about. Wes still chimes in occasionally but can be found at CWG. HM was always a rarity but is pretty active on Twitter and seems to have a child now. DT was just plain nuts but clearly has a business and is active on FB and Twitter when not banned. Matt still posts but if you have followed him over the years even his FB posts are non existent anymore so he pops in here for big events vs spending 20 hours a day on here. Ian left to go be a thinktank something or other but he had his battles here many of which he started in my opinion. I guess there are others who have left but i'm not sure I know or even knew who they were. I've been around since 2003 and there has always been crap posters including my own posts. I know what I am and what I do and don't contribute....anybody remember that Colin dude from Philly....was he any different than some of these newer guys? I don't know....I still enjoy coming here and reading, probably always will as long as it exists. As I said i know who and what I am as a poster so if i'm not your cup of tea then go drink coffee. Good luck on the potential storm everyone.

I make this place worse.  Bring back Lmoleniux

• Haha 1

Ok I have something to ask but do not want to put in the potential storm thread. 

Mr. J and the oldest Miss J are flying out Friday evening to Seattle. She got accepted to Seattle U and wants to actually see the campus before making a decision. 

Their flight home is Sunday afternoon at 4 into Dulles at 11:59. I am trying to get some insight on 1. will their flight not be canceled and 2. should I let Mr. J drive his MX 5 down. Or should I take them and then pick them up as I have AWD.

I usually hold off till about 3 days ahead but would need some perspective as I would have to take them down on Friday afternoon. My weather apps as of now are showing some light snow than rain before their arrival time into Dulles. 

4 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Ok I have something to ask but do not want to put in the potential storm thread. 

Mr. J and the oldest Miss J are flying out Friday evening to Seattle. She got accepted to Seattle U and wants to actually see the campus before making a decision. 

Their flight home is Sunday afternoon at 4 into Dulles at 11:59. I am trying to get some insight on 1. will their flight not be canceled and 2. should I let Mr. J drive his MX 5 down. Or should I take them and then pick them up as I have AWD.

I usually hold off till about 3 days ahead but would need some perspective as I would have to take them down on Friday afternoon. My weather apps as of now are showing some light snow than rain before their arrival time into Dulles. 

Yeah. That Sunday return looks iffy atm with snow, potential heavy, during the PM hours of Sunday before any potential flip. At least that's how it looks at the moment. Details are still changing of course.

I would AWD just to be safe.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Congrats on your oldest Miss J getting accepted at Seattle Univ!!  That's a big step.  My daughter just started a U. MD this fall.

As @George BM alluded to, Sunday afternoon and evening might get iffy for travel given current indications (all subject to change over time of course).

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic