Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2022

George BM

10 minutes ago, Imgoinhungry said:

Could someone assist me with timing for this storm?  I am supposed to travel on Sunday evening.  Looking like this weekend no longer a threat?  Possible storm will be on mlk day?

No, it would be Sunday and Monday. Problems would theoretically start during day Sunday. Def by Sunday evening. As currently modeled. 

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

No, it would be Sunday and Monday. Problems would theoretically start during day Sunday. Def by Sunday evening. As currently modeled. 

Thank you!  I know timing can obviously change.  Driving from Frederick to Charlotesville.  If I left around noon on Sunday I think Id be ok?

7 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

I must admit, I'm glad that Georgia won (and convincingly so) last night.  I didn't follow the game much, just occasionally checked ESPN online when I wasn't checking the latest model runs...LOL!!

@GATECH...I know, I know!  No self-respecting Tech grad should root for that "other" school northeast of Atlanta!  Don't take away my Ramblin' Wreck card!  But...I've always had the philosophy of "ABB":  Anybody But 'Bama!!  So this one time I allowed myself to deviate! :lol:

Too bad they both couldn’t lose!  Sick of both of them!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, GATECH said:

Too bad they both couldn’t lose!  Sick of both of them!

Hahaha, oh so true!!!  But unfortunately that couldn't happen.  Even if they tied, someone would get the championship.  Well, unless there was some kind of cheating or substance abuse or whatever discovered on with both teams such that they would both be disqualified.  Thus making Michigan the National Champion!! :lol:

• Like 1

Not to muddy to storm thread but, this map kind of checks all the boxes…-AO, -nao, +pna, 50/50.

still learning but what am I missing that allows it to drive to Harrisburg without popping a secondary? Is it because the 50/50 basically evaporates?

B114EAAC-C4FB-4257-B30E-4C9D159DAAEC.png

3 minutes ago, LP08 said:

Not to muddy to storm thread but, this map kind of checks all the boxes…-AO, -nao, +pna, 50/50.

still learning but what am I missing that allows it to drive to Harrisburg without popping a secondary? Is it because the 50/50 basically evaporates?

B114EAAC-C4FB-4257-B30E-4C9D159DAAEC.png

I can barely spell weather so I’m hardly the expert - but the NAO is an east-based -NAO so kind of bootleg block.  I think that may be a factor plus the strength of the vort.

• mappy unpinned this topic