Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2022

George BM

11 hours ago, WinterFire said:

Since skiing seems to be one thing to keep LR panic at bay, and there's a lot of knowledgable folks on here, I wanted to ask--does anyone have any tips/recommendations for adults learning to ski? I've always wanted to learn but am worried that it's something you have to learn as a kid (which in Houston...was not gonna happen). Thanks!

I used to ski a lot in my early 20’s. But my knees are so messed up now I don’t dare hit the slopes. Like others have said once you get the basics down and if you are quick to apply you should be good. I never took any formal lessons but I used to water ski as a kid and both are very similar. 

2 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

I used to ski a lot in my early 20’s. But my knees are so messed up now I don’t dare hit the slopes. Like others have said once you get the basics down and if you are quick to apply you should be good. I never took any formal lessons but I used to water ski as a kid and both are very similar. 

Let me guess - water skiing at Grand Lake St. Marys?  :ski:

16 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

I used to downhill ski too, but I enjoy XC these days. So peaceful. I’d still downhill if I could get back out west more often.  Mammoth was, well, mammoth. :sled:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cbmclean said:

What exactly happened in Jan 2000?

Jan 25 2000 was an unexpected snowstorm in Northern Virginia. It wasnt expected. I remember jebwalking on the night of Jan 24 and it was getting very windy, The next day it snowed and snowed. Dale City got demolished by 12.5 inches of snow!

I must admit, I'm glad that Georgia won (and convincingly so) last night.  I didn't follow the game much, just occasionally checked ESPN online when I wasn't checking the latest model runs...LOL!!

@GATECH...I know, I know!  No self-respecting Tech grad should root for that "other" school northeast of Atlanta!  Don't take away my Ramblin' Wreck card!  But...I've always had the philosophy of "ABB":  Anybody But 'Bama!!  So this one time I allowed myself to deviate! :lol:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, toolsheds said:

my xmas present was a new Grip6 wallet.  Pretty cool concept.  Check it out. 

Been using one for the past 2 years.  Also got the Grip6 belt which has been holding up to daily use for over 2 years very well.  Made in USA.

And yes Jan 25, 2000 FTW!  Sometimes those sneaky ones are the best!

• Like 1

I appreciate the folks on this board that actually understand the snow lover brain and don't smugly look down on the weenieism (for lack of a better term). Crazy takes come with the territory (so does the meaness, apparently). Sometimes I'm afraid to even post cause somebody gonna say crap--yet ain't nowhere else folks gonna get the love of snow.

25 minutes ago, Buffalo Transplant said:

I know that models have been all over the place but what time frame is this for?  I am heading to Buffalo Friday afternoon for the Bills game and plan on heading back sometime Sunday morning.  Thanks as always.

Probably Sunday morning for the extreme SW parts of the area but Sunday afternoon/evening into Monday for the majority of the area.  Definitely keep an eye as this is far from being set in stone.  

Hope the Bills win!  Break a few tables in the parking lot for us.

• Like 2

• mappy unpinned this topic