Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2022

George BM

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

A little while ago I apologized to you for my unnecessarily antagonistic posts towards you in the past. And I’ve not been hostile with you since.   I’m trying to grow and mature. Better late than never. 

I still disagree with some of your opinions but you aren’t a troll and I can disagree and debate in a more respectful way.  Trolls are different.  They aren’t making posts in an intellectually honest way. They’re just trying to annoy. Yeoman is trying to get under your skin and you’re letting him. And the harsh reality is there are lots of people like that and they aren’t all going to just leave you alone so best to either learn to dish it back and have fun with it or just ignore them. You can’t “win” with someone whose goal is just to annoy you. 

Thank you very much .  You younger folks have access to data that was non existent when I was working on how to forecast starting in about 1965. 
By 1980 I was taken into the DC weather fold and they too found me not like them but I was accurate and the broadcasts began.  By 2000 started getting involved with the internet . 

I too want good relations and I did miss your previous olive branch but now I know and intend to reciprocate even if I was brusque some posts earlier.

Thanks 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Very very good stuff and I agree with all of it except the “overreaction” characterization.  Don’t start in on me and you won’t hear a peep in response.

I mailed  this last storm well in advance and that really irritates some because, as you stated perfectly, my analysis methods involved decades of record keeping diaries from the 60s into 80’s before models were readily available. It has served me well and kept me engaged with many weather services businesses outside of this board.  So a piss ass pot shot taker .will be responded   to by me .  Or his jollies can be sought  elsewhere and not at my expense nor thus boards expense unless you all enjoy this shit. 

So I will simply be a continued non tradition forecaster and enjoy it until the barbs fly again. I won’t slink off to the “ignore ” Like I’ve said, the ball is in a court that’s not mine. I fully desire amicable exchange of information and opinion. I don’t find juvenile jerk “fun making” of any use here . 

Howard, what you quoted from me about the moon angle had nothing to do with you in the slightest.. I can't help that you appear to be so insecure you think every joke is cracked at your expense. 

If I'm important enough to you to go on long, rambling posts about me instead of pressing the ignore button, so be it. I know this weather forum is serious business with life or death consequences, but believe it or not a lot of people have fun reading a joke or making fun of each other on occasion.. If not, Randy is welcome to boot me if he wants..

12 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

Maybe but that outcome doesn't match Howard's analog package.

True, but most of us can't analyze anything past like 10 days, and as soon as the slightest whiff of a change in pattern shows up it's going to be bedlam with the sun angle and ground temps and torch talk.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

If there is no adverse action then there is no “overreaction”. Overreaction concept is merely failure to take responsibility for the initiating act. 

you reacted to a post that wasn't even directed to you. so it was an overreaction. 

But things are fine now, so lets move along. :) 

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

Ha, Ill make it until 11 before saying f-it and go to bed. 

pfft nope. sleep is far too important to me to stay up for snow. i dont even stay up for the euro. the snow will still be there in the morning. 

This begs the old zen/philosophical question..."If it snows in the middle of the night and Mappy isn't awake for it, does it accumulate?"

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, mappy said:

Ha, Ill make it until 11 before saying f-it and go to bed. 

pfft nope. sleep is far too important to me to stay up for snow. i dont even stay up for the euro. the snow will still be there in the morning. 

that last sentiment is so crazy to me -- not calling you crazy, but the most important part of a snowstorm for me by far is seeing it snow. 

watching it snow > tracking > enjoying the snow after

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

This begs the old zen/philosophical question..."If it snows in the middle of the night and Mappy isn't awake for it, does it accumulate?"

If its still there in the morning, then yes lol 

18 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

that last sentiment is so crazy to me -- not calling you crazy, but the most important part of a snowstorm for me by far is seeing it snow. 

watching it snow > tracking > enjoying the snow after

Its okay, I'm not offended. I love watching snow fall. I just love sleep more lol

1 minute ago, Fozz said:

For me it has to be a very big storm (MECS or HECS) to be worth staying up. I got up super early in January 2016, barely had any sleep, but still managed to enjoy the whole thing up until the very end.

I only missed a few overnight hours of that storm. It started on a Friday so staying up late wasn't a problem, and I woke up well before the sun came up. Events during the week, I just say screw it, sleep is more important and need to be sharp for work the next day.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Since when does most of the general public not like snow?

I think the average person tolerates snow as long as it doesn’t disrupt their life, especially their work or commute.

There are some who absolutely hate the sight of all things winter, but I doubt that they’re the majority.

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic