Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January Banter 2022

George BM

5 minutes ago, Imgoinhungry said:

FCPS closed tomm... im actually surprised.  Did some areas get slammed?

My county was closed too, and they provided the “freezing rain advisory” as the reason, but I think a delay would have been fine. Kinda thinking they are doing it to keep people out of school buildings at this point.

Edit: But also wouldn’t be surprised if just to the west got a ton more than I did.

On 1/2/2022 at 9:52 PM, Random Chaos said:

For all the people that are talking about "cant have snow after a 60 degree day" back in college I had a upper 70's day followed by 16" of snow. This was in NY state not MD, and April not January, but it definitely can happen.

Indeed! BTW, what year did this occur?

On 1/2/2022 at 10:13 PM, MillvilleWx said:

31/13 light dusting of dust

How much dust did you ultimately end up with?

36 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

From what I saw, continuing as WFT is an option.

I saw Wilbon talking about this and he made a good point. The names they have chosen are so bad that when they decide to stay with WFT, people will be happy with it. He basically had the same opinion as me that it is the coolest name in sports.

35 minutes ago, Yeoman said:

Did school systems not just invest hundreds of millions in tax money to support virtual learning? Why is that not being used in these situations? I don't get it.. 

we get 5 snow days then I don’t know what happens. Also have you no care for the mental health of kids?

• Like 1

I've been off this forum for a couple of years but 1 observation and 1 Q

Observation - re MLK weekend, I think GFS is doing that thing where it sniffs out a storm in the LR, loses it, and eventually claws it back a week or so out.  We'll see.

Question - what happened to Ji?

3 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

Can't speak to Xfinity -- have you been without service for 24 hours now? If so, that's painful. Admittedly and arguably, a first world problem, but still...painful!

I put in a support ticket with Verizon FiOS 24 hours ago, to have them come out and restring the FiOS cable from the nearest utility pole to our house BACK UP IN THE AIR. It's been laying in my front yard and in the cul de sac on which we live for that entire time, and with numerous cars running over it today, it's only a matter of time before the cable is pulled from A. our house, B. the utility pole, or C. BOTH.

One kind neighbor put out orange cones to mark the wire in the cul de sac, but the snow plowers can't even come in and clear the court until all of the downed wires are fixed. Ours are flat-out down...but two other neighbors have FiOS wires hanging literally 4-6 feet off the cul de sac. I'm sure Verizon is slammed right now, but....geez.

Yikes!  Hope they get that corrected for you and your other neighbors ASAP.  We finally just got our internet back….made working from home on a bad hotspot fun today!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Hey y’all. I’ll have more thoughts on this little event for the area, tomorrow. I got a case of food poisoning yesterday evening and it sucked the life out of me today.

I’ll be better tomorrow and will reflect my thoughts. Have a great night and get some sleep!

Thank you! Wishing you a speedy recovery. Food poisoning blows chunks. 

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic