Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2022

George BM

11 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

That’s a very fair take and I should recognize my privilege but at the same time I imagine (not only imagine, know) others would also be equally bummed to miss what looks to be an upper-end moderate event. Fully recognize that your take is the correct and sensible one, though.

Take my advice. Use your money on a trip to Maine

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Such a beautiful state, any time of year.  But winter there is like another world for sure. 

I'm in Maine visiting the in laws on the coast since just after Xmas (downeast, north of bar harbor). It's been quite warm and there's no snow cover! Almost hit 50 yesterday. Gulf of Maine was warmest on record this past warm season. Gonna miss the snow in the metro area tomorrow, but we may get an inch or two this evening up here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Usually before a snow event I like popping in to say good luck, but this time there’s a lot more meaning. 

As I still try to process the loss of my dad, and be there for my family, and plan this final goodbye, it’s devastating. In all sincerity, it is doing me some real good to see so much happiness and excitement in this subforum in advance of what may be a significant snow event. Just a few days ago, nobody thought we’d be here looking at an event at all, let alone a big one.

I hope the snow brings everything us weenies hope for in a storm, and provides an opportunity to create joyful and enduring memories.

2011 was my year of tragedy. Lost my brother in a freak accident in September and my dad in December. Death sucks... It is not going to be easy and firsts are freaking difficult. It does heal over time and the good memories will crowd out the pain over time. No candy coating any of it though. You will make it through. Definitely lean on your friends and family and let the process work it out.. But do face it as going through the process will help. It took me 3 months before a stupid emotional movie helped me weep and finally start healing. Hang in there. Praying for you. Reach out if you need to just let it out and have no one to share it with. Do not face it all alone. 

• Thanks 1

Another storm another nearly useless CWG forecast, low-medium confidence forecast of 2-6 inches lol.  For the record I love them and their articles but their snowmaps are brutal.  If you’re already using a 4 inch range and saying it’s low to medium you’re basically saying 0-10 inches….cmon guys.  Just pick a normal range and go with it. 

• Like 2

Sigh :axe:

3 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Not really sarcasm but rather ignorance.  You girls are just So cute with the chiding but all it does is show how you don’t observe weather outcomes and learn anything. It can be snowing to beat the band and most of you still have your heads shoved up the ass of a model instead of looking at radar.  Mods can nip this distraction in the bud or let the back and forth continue.  Hell, 1/3 of you dont remember 2009-2010 so what should I expect from kids and model dependent worshippers anyway 

3 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I hope people aren’t disappointed when the 15” shown on the GFS is (most likely, could be wrong) 8-10” tomorrow. People need to remember that’s a huge win and where the models were 2 days ago.

I'm actually thinking it'll be more like 4-8 and thats fine. People are cray.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, snowfan said:

I'm actually thinking it'll be more like 4-8 and thats fine. People are cray.

Agree, Ellinwood’s map looks really good IMO.  4-8” (some locally higher amounts) is a good call.  A few days ago, people were cancelling the rest of winter so I think some perspective of where we stood a week ago should be kept when freaking out about each run.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

That’s a very fair take and I should recognize my privilege but at the same time I imagine (not only imagine, know) others would also be equally bummed to miss what looks to be an upper-end moderate event. Fully recognize that your take is the correct and sensible one, though.

I think the current model outputs are ridiculous and overdone. That take doesn’t belong in the other thread but it’s in the 50s right now and it’s been generally mild for the past month. Rates can overcome things but I would advise enjoying your vacation lol.

• mappy unpinned this topic