Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2022

George BM

9 minutes ago, CAPE said:

This is about the time where I quietly sneak out of the main thread lol. The 'model analysis' just gets more unbearable from here. So much talk of bumps here and bumps there.

Ravens94 and the goddamn HRRR.

It’s so enjoyable not watching for days leading up to it. lol 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Anyone else in the fantasy football championship game this weekend? Should be a fun Sunday of football regardless.

I somehow won the first round a couple weeks ago, but lost last weekend because I didn’t pick the Dallas defense. I had the opportunity to take them and couldn’t because I’m a wtf fan. What a homey move. My opponent ended up taking them and beat me by 20 points. Dallas D score 26 points.

Going for third place and breaking even for the year today.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I somehow won the first round a couple weeks ago, but lost last weekend because I didn’t pick the Dallas defense. I had the opportunity to take them and couldn’t because I’m wtf fan. What a homey move. My opponent ended taking them and beat me by 20 points. Dallas D score 26 points.

Going for third place and breaking even for the year today.

I have 2 today and a 3rd place game.   I'll probably win one and the 3rd place game.  

Good luck to you!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

I have 2 today and a 3rd place game.   I'll probably win one and the 3rd place game.  

Good luck to you!

Thanks! This is my first year at fantasy and I did it reluctantly. A place I work needed one more so I did it and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Especially when my team got all banged up and hot with Covid. It was fun piecing together a team. I feel pretty good about how I did, especially since I had over 80 transactions. Obviously our league was a flat pay and do as many transactions that you want. I had the most by far. And the most on IR too.

I still don’t know what I’m doing, but it was fun.

4 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Thanks! This is my first year at fantasy and I did it reluctantly. A place I work needed one more so I did it and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Especially when my team got all banged up and hot with Covid. It was fun piecing together a team. I feel pretty good about how I did, especially since I had over 80 transactions. Obviously our league was a flat pay and do as many transactions that you want. I had the most by far. And the most on IR too.

I still don’t know what I’m doing, but it was fun.

i started to listen to the XM channel 87 a few years back.  That helps since you get advice from multiple "experts".  At the same time you learn what to look for in players and weekly trends.  I'm not great at it, but have lucked out this year.   :-)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mappy said:

Oh come on. I thought it was hilarious 

Not really from my point of view - you know how on edge people are in those threads AND it has been so long since a warning level snow for so many that bad faith posting there kinda sucks. We will get that from the usual suspects without performative crap IMO.

@Jihey man, I've been putting a lot of time into my guitar playing over the last 2 years and have gravitated away from electric to acoustic. Wasn't a plan. Just happened. I picked up a Yamaha fgx830c acoustic/electric that sounds stupid good plugged in but my amp is 100% geared towards electrics. I need another practice amp for the Yamaha. Not a tube or anything "expensive". Just a good clean channel amp with built in basic effects. I almost bought the Spark Amp but held off. Any suggestions? Have an old but good amp you want to sell?

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

@Jihey man, I've been putting a lot of time into my guitar playing over the last 2 years and have gravitated away from electric to acoustic. Wasn't a plan. Just happened. I picked up a Yamaha fgx830c acoustic/electric that sounds stupid good plugged in but my amp is 100% geared towards electrics. I need another practice amp for the Yamaha. Not a tube or anything "expensive". Just a good clean channel amp with built in basic effects. I almost bought the Spark Amp but held off. Any suggestions? Have an old but good amp you want to sell?

What music are you into?  I wanted to take the time to learn how to play guitar but really need to make the time to put into that effort.  I think that in a year or two after all of my kids are in college......I might have some free time to put into that. 

12 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Hey man! What's up? When you're done, GTF off my lawn 

:lol:

Life is good. Been working on my new electric brewery (with @losetoa6’s help!) and enjoying whatever life brings. My gf and I got lucky this summer and got to travel to Croatia between covid spikes, and man, what a beautiful place for meeting new people and keeping life in perspective.

Good to see you and hope that your family is well. I often wonder how that entrepreneur son of yours is doing. Keeping my fingers crossed that there are a lot more opportunities this winter for everyone to catch up.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Not really from my point of view - you know how on edge people are in those threads AND it has been so long since a warning level snow for so many that bad faith posting there kinda sucks. We will get that from the usual suspects without performative crap IMO.

Ok

Just now, toolsheds said:

What music are you into?  I wanted to take the time to learn how to play guitar but really need to make the time to put into that effort.  I think that in a year or two after all of my kids are in college......I might have some free time to put into that. 

I played drums for 10 yearsas a teen/early 20s and was 100% rock, hard rock, and slower metal. I played guitar on the side and focused on that stuff only. I was very one way for a very long time and grew away from drums and into guitar randomly in my 30s and 40s.

Nowadays my favorite style of playing is blues/rock and/or funk improv style playing. My best skill is prob country style chords and embellishments. Meaning if someone said "hey, play something!" I would jump right into Luke Bryan's drink a beer or similar. But that's not where my heart is. I like to build a groove and just go somewhere with it on the fly. Liberating and medicinal. 

Guitar is a journey. You will never be as good as you want and will never learn as fast as you want. Also, it's legit painful. To get good or have endurance your hands will hurt daily for years. Especially the left. There are no shortcuts unless you have SRV or Hendrix genetics. 1 hour per day 6 days a week is a bare minimum. If you take 2 months off you will spend a month getting back to where you left off. 

Many aspiring guitarists quit before they even know if they really can. Dedication and commitment to improving your playing is far more important than raw talent. If you are the type of person to see things through come hell or high water, guitar could be the most incredible thing you've tried. The rewards are endless but the curve is steep and it will try you on every level. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

:lol:

Life is good. Been working on my new electric brewery (with @losetoa6’s help!) and enjoying whatever life brings. My gf and I got lucky this summer and got to travel to Croatia between covid spikes, and man, what a beautiful place for meeting new people and keeping life in perspective.

Good to see you and hope that your family is well. I often wonder how that entrepreneur son of yours is doing. Keeping my fingers crossed that there are a lot more opportunities this winter for everyone to catch up.

Kick ass my man! My son is turning 18 this year. He's focused on tech school instead of college. He's seriously considering training to be a high end car or EV mechanic. Right now we're looking at flipping cars together. You can make 2 grand on a 15 year old Toyota corolla if your willing spend a weekend picking one up down south or OH valley etc. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

i actually dont use amps. I use amp modelers that give me a choice of the chimiest clean amp to a driven van halen type amp! Check out the Fractal products. Many big names bands are using them. https://www.fractalaudio.com/fm3/

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic