Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Discobs 2022

George BM

2 hours ago, nj2va said:

Winds have shifted in Garrett County.  Temp down to 39 from an earlier high of 42.  Might end as snow out there.

Another gutter flusher today.  I don’t know how they escape flood warnings there is water everywhere you look and every stream is at its bank.  I guess everything reverts to frozen brick status overnight.

I went from 26*at 6AM to 42* by 8:30 this morning.  I now see the other side of the mountains held the CAD most of the day.

Down to 2/3's snow cover here after yesterday's 33 and rain event. We never crossed 33 until it stopped raining and then only climbed to 41 for a short period around 11pm before wind shift and temps tumbled back into mid 20's. That gave the remaining cover a nice solid 'concrete' persona that I had to chisel into for a water equivalent this morning. Currently 25.3 after a 24.8 low.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Down to 2/3's snow cover here after yesterday's 33 and rain event. We never crossed 33 until it stopped raining and then only climbed to 41 for a short period around 11pm before wind shift and temps tumbled back into mid 20's. That gave the remaining cover a nice solid 'concrete' persona that I had to chisel into for a water equivalent this morning. Currently 25.3 after a 24.8 low.

:wub:

2 hours ago, pazzo83 said:

The streak is once again in jeopardy tonight and tomorrow night.  We will have to see what happens tonight - it's around 40F right now downtown, so that's a lot to drop for the urban core.  The wind should help, however (it's a cold N / NW wind bringing in the cold air).

Point and click has the airport to 21 tonight and 22 tomorrow night. My guess is we don’t do it and the streak continues.

1 hour ago, WEATHER53 said:

Still got 90% snow cover in shaded area and down here near creek so high today just 33.5 

sticking with my call from several days ago for a low of 16 at DCA 

Going to average 1.5F drop rate the rest of the  way so that gets us to 15-17 for a DCA low, 16 my call 

51 minutes ago, astarck said:

Point and click has the airport to 21 tonight and 22 tomorrow night. My guess is we don’t do it and the streak continues.

yeah I think as @WinterFire mentioned we break the 22F streak but stay >= 20F.  The wind right now is more WNW at DCA which isn't the most ideal direction.  Right now 32F at 8pm.

Just now, WEATHER53 said:

You are right. Winds might go calm at dawn and that would allow but winds keeping up 10+ won’t allow  

Calm winds actually don't do anything except keep the temp mostly steady - we don't have radiational cooling in the middle of the city.  You need a north wind bringing in the cold to really drop at night.

• mappy unpinned this topic