Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2022 General Discussion

Hoosier

3 hours ago, Brian D said:

Great lakes ice conditions as of today from Canadian Ice Service. Going to build up ever quicker through next month. Definitely going to be a high ice year for the lakes.

W lakes ice 1-29-22.gif

E lakes ice 1-29-22.gif

Funny thing is a few weeks ago I saw an article in the news about how warm the lakes still were and that the ice will be below normal.  I love it when mother nature says 'you want to bet?' :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brian D said:

Temps warmed into the upper 20's here in town today. Furnace getting a bit of a respite from the hard running the last few days. Glad to get some warmer weather, but it's not gonna last. Feb is going to be another month of bitter waves.

I was in Two Harbors briefly this past summer.  I visited Ely (niece was working there) and Tettegouche State Park.  Beautiful area:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Other than the big system that looks to mostly miss (at this point) just south, it's looking pretty quiet around here through the first 10 days of Feb.  Euro shows clipper action staying well north.  We may be riding our 12.0" season total deep into Feb unless the big system next week bumps back north, or the series of clippers after that bumps south.  This winter seems to be flying by..  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Other than the big system that looks to mostly miss (at this point) just south, it's looking pretty quiet around here through the first 10 days of Feb.  Euro shows clipper action staying well north.  We may be riding our 12.0" season total deep into Feb unless the big system next week bumps back north, or the series of clippers after that bumps south.  This winter seems to be flying by..  

Madison went from getting 11" with next weeks' storm on Friday's 12 GFS, to a grand total of 1" through 384hrs on today's 18Z.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well, looks like the nice weather is going bye-bye. Temps hit around 30 yesterday. Front has made its way through, and winds are gusty. Temps in the mid-upper 20's last night are slowly falling today. More bitter on tap for mid week. Rather boring, but lots of sun, and days getting just a little longer now. That's a plus. :)