• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2022 General Discussion

Hoosier

I really hate days like today.  The annoying mix of snow grains and freezing drizzle was enough to cause multiple accidents delaying the commute time horribly.  Yet precipitation amounts are so meager there's nothing to show in terms of any additional white on the ground.  Don't know why the storm track is so far north despite not being a particularly warm pattern.  Always get this cloudy "unsaturated DGZ" garbage in the "warm" sector of clippers.  I'm ready for sunny arctic airmass after this depressing crap.  An actual synoptic snowfall would be nice at some point.

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, WestMichigan said:

I can't agree with you more.  After watching my hometown in SE Ohio get a double digit storm yesterday I am ready from something like that here.

What is your hometown? Didn't know you weren't from MI! Bare frozen ground here with some frozen snow piles. Thank goodness next week looks clipperier because my patience is getting thin. My total precip in Jan to date is just 0.27", with 2.8" snow.

4 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

What is your hometown? Didn't know you weren't from MI! Bare frozen ground here with some frozen snow piles. Thank goodness next week looks clipperier because my patience is getting thin. My total precip in Jan to date is just 0.27", with 2.8" snow.

Grew up in Caldwell, OH and moved here from the Columbus, OH area in 2010.

• Like 1

Looks like 4-6" around here. Heavy snow bands were moving through this morning. If there was much of a wind, it would have been whiteout conditions, but it was relatively calm. Still snowing north of me with the possibly of a little more developing for the afternoon down my way. After the low passes, very gusty winds from the NW up to 45 mph slated for the overnight. Lots of blowing snow mixed with lingering backside light snows will keep visibilities down. Hence the storm warning until tomorrow morning along the shore.

Still waiting on a 70 mph blizzard making 6' drifts across roads like in my younger days. :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brian D said:

Looks like 4-6" around here. Heavy snow bands were moving through this morning. If there was much of a wind, it would have been whiteout conditions, but it was relatively calm. Still snowing north of me with the possibly of a little more developing for the afternoon down my way. After the low passes, very gusty winds from the NW up to 45 mph slated for the overnight. Lots of blowing snow mixed with lingering backside light snows will keep visibilities down. Hence the storm warning until tomorrow morning along the shore.

Still waiting on a 70 mph blizzard making 6' drifts across roads like in my younger days. :) 

Fast and furious for a while.  I'd estimate 5" fell here between 9 and 3 today.  A lull now but should begin to pick up later on the backside... will likely see a window of heavy lake enhancement.

EDIT:  Upon measurement it was closer to 4".

3 hours ago, weatherbo said:

Fast and furious for a while.  I'd estimate 5" fell here between 9 and 3 today.  A lull now but should begin to pick up later on the backside... will likely see a window of heavy lake enhancement.

EDIT:  Upon measurement it was closer to 4".

More reports coming in show 4-8" totals for NE MN. Temps still running mild at around 30, and calm. Wet snow. Cold air will harden that up overnight, but some will blow around in the high winds, especially with CAA snow showers.

2 hours ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

Bottomed out at -1 this morning. Not much of a recovery today with a high of 4 above, and a struggle to make above zero tomorrow!

Looks like -5/0 inland to 5 along the shore this a.m. Temps will warm slightly today, just like down your way. I remember you mentioned you work outside. Tough sledding. When I was younger, I worked outside jobs as well. This stuff is harsh. The wind is brutal.