Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2022 General Discussion

Hoosier

17 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Man some of the roads are terrible.  Was probably going 5-10 mph as I approached a stop sign and still started to slide into the intersection.

Yes they are.  Seen 2 jacked knife semis and 3 cars in ditches in a 6 mile stretch on I-57 in Kankakee County.  

I was driving like an old man coming home from work, Wait, I am an old man! Slid about one foot into the first intersection I stopped at. Drove the rest of the ay home at less than the posted speed. Probably did not make any friends but no one passed me so they must have thought it was warranted also. 

Fell from a "high" in the upper 20s at 1 AM to 10 degrees on a stiff northwest wind, expected to "rebound" to 15 degrees this afternoon.

Serious question for the promets on here: What exactly is causing this pattern of whipsawing temperatures every 36~ish hours with little to no precipitation/storm events to show for it? Is it a case of the pattern being too active for its own good, so every FROPA is moisture-starved? Are the cold air pushes too suppressive, so no real cyclogenesis can occur?

10 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

Glaze + for most areas around here yesterday/last night…

Ice totals of 0.15” ORD, 0.18” MDW and 0.10” RFD.

Some of the higher totals were 0.18” ARR and 0.24” DPA.

That's interesting.  Actual precip was significantly less.  For example, 0.05" precip at ORD.  I think it goes to show how efficient it was.

22 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

This one is still alive because I said earlier today that it would be a one run wonder.  Jinx worked, you can submit royalties to my venmo account at your convenience.   :P

Drop your username and If I get six inches imby I shall indeed abide

• Haha 2