• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2022 General Discussion

Hoosier

Another 3-6" hit coming in with 6-8"+ slated for further up the shore. I'm thinking a lake streamer could develop during the night tomorrow night, and really jack up the totals. They are hard to predict my way, and usually surprise the forecasters when they hit. This could be one of those times.

As low pressure moves through, a lingering trough behind helps keep the 850's at an ENE trajectory, even with a N surface wind. Seen it many times. A band develops N of me and rides down the shore towards Duluth dumping a lot of snow together with (and after) the synoptic stuff. When the trough weakens enough (along with the 850's), and the N winds get stronger, it will nail the south shore region hard (Ashland, Ironwood region). In just a few hours, large amounts of snow come down off the big lake.

We'll see if this happens. It doesn't always, but overnight/early a.m always seems the best for this to happen around here.

Jan 3 snowcast.gif

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

gfs continues to be arizona level dry around here, drought flexing and ready for year 2

yep. guessing will get a window of some decent precip. at some point. But riding the " dry" idea is definitely the safe bet.

17 hours ago, Brian D said:

Another 3-6" hit coming in with 6-8"+ slated for further up the shore. I'm thinking a lake streamer could develop during the night tomorrow night, and really jack up the totals. They are hard to predict my way, and usually surprise the forecasters when they hit. This could be one of those times.

As low pressure moves through, a lingering trough behind helps keep the 850's at an ENE trajectory, even with a N surface wind. Seen it many times. A band develops N of me and rides down the shore towards Duluth dumping a lot of snow together with (and after) the synoptic stuff. When the trough weakens enough (along with the 850's), and the N winds get stronger, it will nail the south shore region hard (Ashland, Ironwood region). In just a few hours, large amounts of snow come down off the big lake.

We'll see if this happens. It doesn't always, but overnight/early a.m always seems the best for this to happen around here.

Jan 3 snowcast.gif

Hopefully this news makes it to amwx383.gif.1a3930640ceef74fdd3c8e22849f180f.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roardog said:

If the AGW trend has been dry in the Midwest, I’d hate to see what wet is considering all the precip that seems to fall each year. A hot and dry year like 2012 feels impossible. 

the AGW trend is more amplified extremes,  you'll have multi year super wet stretches and multi year major droughts.   Though the wet will tend to win out overall