• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

Just now, powderfreak said:

Shut 'em down... a winter weather advisory is good enough cover reason regardless of outcome.  

Creating a 3 day weekend is probably the big motivation.    Give every body some mental emotional space.

If this were a Wednesday storm probably not as quick to call a snow day. 

There was a big storm a few years back where the models were latching onto nodes of convection and a multi-low structure. Similar to today, there was a lot of consternation in here that it was going to tug the system out to sea or cut off the conveyors. In reality, the western low wound up predominating, the convection was a non-factor and everyone got a big hit. I want to say it was the Jan '18 blizzard, but I can't say for sure. Anyone remember? Will?

39 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

The only building left now is the stone club house for the golf course on one of the islands out of Gate 43. Was a popular spot during prohibition. This is a decent watch.

I figured they would be closing up quickly with the number of teachers out and lack of subs. My wife's still hasn't yet despite everyone around them being closed and they are beyond short-staffed.

Yeah, that's it, forgot what it was, been awhile since I've been out there.

Our local MET Ryan Hanrahan here in CT said we need to watch out for a possible heavy Snow band that may set up somewhere in central CT ( he said it was showing up on some of the models late this afternoon, Earl Eve ). He said it would have " The Fluff factor " with the snow growth and could drop several inches in a short period of time. I thought that was interesting. 

Just now, Snowcrazed71 said:

Our local MET Ryan Hanrahan here in CT said we need to watch out for a possible heavy Snow band that may set up somewhere in central CT ( he said it was showing up on some of the models late this afternoon, Earl Eve ). He said it would have " The Fluff factor " with the snow growth and could drop several inches in a short period of time. I thought that was interesting. 

sorry, don't know who that is

• Haha 10

Just now, Snowcrazed71 said:

He’s such a weenie. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

he also said it in this thread a few pages back lol

• Weenie 2