• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Man you can see how this would be a nuke if that shit convection moved out. This thing wants to blow.

It may yet ...  in a way -

I mean... even if we don't get some nucleated 980 low 50 Mi fram ACK, I don't think J.Q. Public is going to know the difference or know to care if they are sitting in rush-hour under a frontogenic thump.  I keep looking at the PVA track and it's pretty much ideal for heavy snow climo ... 2 deg polar side of the torpedo path -

Ryan's right ..this thing is just uniquely odd

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I liked 12z better...if this continues, fine...but this provisional solution is not as good for me.

The QPF on the N end is compressed more, but the heavier echoes are tossed more to the south....if the H7 low closes fast enough, this will be be fine bc mid level banding will have higher totals north of QPF, but if the mid levels don't get going fast enough, its a slightly worse solution for northern folks.

image.thumb.png.202c6b1638b12d4119557e9bf1d44d32.png

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It may yet ...  in a way -

I mean... even if we don't get some nucleated 980 low 50 Mi fram ACK, I don't think J.Q. Public is going to know the difference or know to care if they are sitting in rush-hour under a frontogenic thump.  I keep looking at the PVA track and it's pretty much ideal for heavy snow climo ... 2 deg polar side of the torpedo path -

Ryan's right ..this thing is just uniquely odd

This is why I have remained fairly bullish on this threat from a few days ago....the vort tracks almost ideal for SNE snow events.

I still am not convinced the circulation doesn't end up more consolidated sooner than shown either.

• Like 7