• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Good old fashioned snowstorm en route. Not a blockbuster, but a solid storm. 

These were blockbusters in the late 1980s/early 1990s before Dec 1992. You got excited for 3-6 but 5-10 was literally "having trouble falling asleep" type excitement like on Christmas Eve. Just the chance of getting 10" was exhilarating.

• Like 6

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

These were blockbusters in the late 1980s/early 1990s before Dec 1992. You got excited for 3-6 but 5-10 was literally "having trouble falling asleep" type excitement like on Christmas Eve. Just the chance of getting 10" was exhilarating.

10” is commonplace these days. Even here, I’ve had a few 10”+ events since 2018. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Remember when you saw your location in the all white 6"+ zone? LOL.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, NorEastermass128 said:

10” is commonplace these days. Even here, I’ve had a few 10”+ events since 2018. 

I wonder why that is. Could it be part of a long-term oscillation in weather patterns, increased moisture/southern flow due to climate change, or a mix of both, or something else entirely?

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

So true. Some of the youngins will be dissapointed with 8” tomorrow, they spoiled.

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

So true. Some of the youngins will be dissapointed with 8” tomorrow, they spoiled.

For me if my area gets 8, I’ll be very happy with it. If we get 3-4, I’ll be disappointed. Many of the TV Mets and the NWS are forecasting 6-8 for my area, which plays a role in the amounts I’ll be happy with/disappointed with. Now if TV Mets and the NWS were forecasting a 2 ft blizzard and I got 8 inches that’s a different story.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

That is crazy.  I could see 1 or 2 years, but 4 back to back is nuts

It had never happened 3 consecutive before that....or since. Truly an anomaly....a depressing one for a young snow weenie, lol.

Anyways....prob not seeing 10" with this one, but can't entirely rule it out. I'd prob go 5-8" for ORH in this one.

1 minute ago, George001 said:

For me if my area gets 8, I’ll be very happy with it. If we get 3-4, I’ll be disappointed. Many of the TV Mets and the NWS are forecasting 6-8 for my area, which plays a role in the amounts I’ll be happy with/disappointed with. Now if TV Mets were forecasting a 2 ft blizzard and I got 8 inches that’s a different story.

Well yea. Big busts are a completely different ballgame though. 

• Like 1

I always got excited seing the 12+ contours dissecting the Cape, with 6-12 up to about Boston. Always gave me confidence that the storm was cold and there was room for improvement without mixing in my area. But that's more of a 90's Millenial memory..lol. I can't quite remember too many storms specifically between 87-90.