• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

Despite the track still pulling East as we have a  dual low structure due to that persistent lead vorticity but forcing was stronger on NW side of the dual low . Not sure the reason Or if that makes sense (Will?) but you can clearly see heavier precip on NW side of the dual low structure this run even thou track is still consistently being pulled East by the lead vort

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Despite the track still pulling East as we have a  dual low structure due to that persistent lead vorticity but forcing was stronger on NW side of the dual low . Not sure the reason Or if that makes sense (Will?) but you can clearly see heavier precip on NW side of the dual low structure this run even thou track is still consistently being pulled East by the lead vort

That is where that slp should be, If you resolve that convection, This would be tracking well west, That's the only thing saving this right now from hugging or just offshore.

3 minutes ago, Not me in VT said:

12 years lurking in here, feel like I know all the major players, hahaha, are we going to run out of time with this west/more amped trend? 

Come inside the circus.

I don’t it is a matter of time per say but moreso whether or not the convection chasing is legit. If not, then the final result is more amped. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

That is where that slp should be, If you resolve that convection, This would be tracking well west, That's the only thing saving this right now from hugging.

I get that . Just wondering if the further East low was less dominating this run I.E why did heavy precip fields materialize further NW this run and is it believeable. It’s not 7H closing off as this doesn’t occur till it’s into GOM further . 

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic