• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its just funny that I got bum-rushed yesterday for being "stubborn and arrogant", and now I'm getting push back in the other direction :lol:

You have the confidence/knowledge to put out a well written forecast with backing.        If it fails, you are able to explain why.    Few on here do either of those

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Well, I am very nervous about at this point. I said all along 12z Wednesday was a pretty big deadline, so I'm not sure why people feel like I am losing my mind. Hopefully it will trend back enough, but I feel like that idea is in peril at this point.

I think 6-12" not a lock, but doable. At least the eastern third of SNE.  I'd put the odds  around 50/50 for 6"+ or <6" here

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

I think 6-12" not a lock, but doable. At least the eastern third of SNE.  I'd put the odds  around 50/50 for 6"+ or <6" here

Yea, that sounds reasonable. 

Hopefully more clarity for tomorrow when I write up the final call. There is a method to my madness with respect to when I do these write ups because I am often an emotional basket case in  between :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Some tried to tell them and got ridiculed. I’m still holding out hope that this tracks bear ack but my original fears are still the biggest worry. 

It’s all good. We did say a graze is the most likely outcome in a fast and flat flow. Tracking and hedging is fun. I can melt when a really big one busts (which has happened too often the past 8yrs) but other than that, it’s an enjoyable hobby regardless of snow output. 

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s all good. We did say a graze is the most likely outcome in a fast and flat flow. Tracking and hedging is fun. I can melt when a really big one busts (which has happened too often the past 8yrs) but other than that, it’s an enjoyable hobby regardless of snow output. 

The chase is fun especially when it ends up snowy.. Let's hope for some good trends the next 24-36 hours.. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Silly question--but one I need to ask now that I've moved.  What do you consider Eastern Mass? Everything east of Worcester County? 

I kind of loosely consider it 495-eastward....but it's a subjective term.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

My initial thought was 128 - Cape.  But that's based more on distances than anything else.

10 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Silly question--but one I need to ask now that I've moved.  What do you consider Eastern Mass? Everything east of Worcester County? 

CT river on East . West of that is WNE or western areas

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

My initial thought was 128 - Cape.  But that's based more on distances than anything else.

I would generally tell you that around and east of the 495 belt is mostly considered Eastern Mass, anything a little west of that to the Worcester area is considered Central Mass. CT River Valley west is considered Western Mass.

• Like 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic