• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, eduggs said:

Some people are thinking whiff or bomb, but a light, plowable event is another plausible option. The initial mid-level fronto could setup fairly far NW and slide through most of the NE even if the the trof never sharpens up and the coastal misses mostly offshore.

This, probably the most probable outcome. 1-3" almost regionally. With potential for a whole lot more towards the coast.

3 minutes ago, eduggs said:

1. Smaller events are usually shorter events and that means you might not be able to enjoy them due to work or sleep.

2. In places that don't get snow events very often, there can be a feeling like you have to cash in on every chance that you get because you can't count or another to look forward to.

Good points, that feeling of needing to maximize every chance.  I also see some views that if I had to commute into Boston with traffic, that 3” may not be worth an extra hour long sh*t show in a car to get home or whatever.

Anyway, I often draw the line at 3” as that’s the amount that often makes a visual difference that “it snowed.”

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I don’t get the forum aversion to a 3-6” snowfall.  Sure, it’s not a big bomb or as exciting, but 3” or more is where a landscape goes from perpetual autumn to “hey it’s winter.”

This winter 3-6” is a big deal too.

They are an underrated phenom lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Good points, that feeling of needing to maximize every chance.  I also see some views that if I had to commute into Boston with traffic, that 3” may not be worth an extra hour long sh*t show in a car to get home or whatever.

Anyway, I often draw the line at 3” as that’s the amount that often makes a visual difference that “it snowed.”

around here, 1/3 inch is the "it snowed" benchmark.  

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Lifestyle definitely impacts the way we view a small event but even when I was commuting daily I would still prefer 3” over nothing. There is no such thing as nuisance snows for me but I can understand someone living in a crowded metro, in an apt, with no street parking during snowfall and has to commute 3hrs from work to finally find an available parking lot some 5miles from home. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Very few people drive or commute to work anymore . It’s a new era. 75% of people now either work from home full time or 3-4 days a week . So the commuting issues are in large part over.  Unless you’re an essential employee. And if you happen to be in that minority where you work for a company or role that you can do from home , but they are forcing you to come in everyday. Get out 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Very few people drive or commute to work anymore . It’s a new era. 75% of people now either work from home full time or 3-4 days a week . So the commuting issues are in large part over.  Unless you’re an essential employee. And if you happen to be in that minority where you work for a company or role that you can do from home , but they are forcing you to come in everyday. Get out 

All those cars I see in the morning must be going to the pot shops

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Those are the essentials.. like you . Do you realize how many people now WFH full time? And do a far better job than they to ever did in an office where they don’t need to be 

Oh I know.  A lot of folks work from home. But traffic even out here in the sticks (Rte 2 especially) get worse year by year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

While I agree on the last part, the times I do go into the office…the traffic has not changed much. There are too many companies stuck in the old ways.

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic