• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

19 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It won't be that far away, gotta be close enough to tease us. My call is still that the euro caves and mostly whiffs on a run soon but then the models all jump back a west somewhat 36-48 hours out to give a moderate event to some areas. 

I’ve been dancing with the Boxing Day storm in 2010. Disappeared for two days and came all the way back in like two cycles to wallop everyone excep me heh. No but it too came off the PAC rather blindly in fast flow leaving offices little time to go all the way to blizzard warnings.  Actually check that on bl but it was a rush job. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I’ve been dancing with the Boxing Day storm in 2010. Disappeared for two days and came all the way back in like two cycles to wallop everyone excep me heh. No but it too came off the PAC rather blindly in fast flow leaving office little time to go Althea way to blizzard warnings.  Actually check that on bl but it was a rush job. 

Boxing Day slammed my hood on the west side of Coventry Ct with like 30 - 35 inches of snow. My dad was married to a woman and they had a huge house. But strangely I remember the storm taking place before Christmas like the 22nd not the 27th. But my adult memory isn’t as strong as my childhood one

21 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It won't be that far away, gotta be close enough to tease us. My call is still that the euro caves and mostly whiffs on a run soon but then the models all jump back west somewhat 36-48 hours out to give a moderate event to some areas. 

That is often the model run pattern, I like that line of thinking based on anecdotal experience.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Boxing Day slammed my hood on the west side of Coventry Ct with like 30 - 35 inches of snow. My dad was married to a woman and they had a huge house. But strangely I remember the storm taking place before Christmas like the 22nd not the 27th. But my adult memory isn’t as strong as my childhood one

You got 6 inches in Boxing day 2010. Glad he was married to a woman and not a dog.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Is your dad no longer married to a woman?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You got 6 inches in Boxing day 2010. Glad he was married to a woman and not a dog.

Why am I so confused. I wonder if this massive storm I am thinking about…. Was not the Boxing Day storm.  What was it? I swear there was a multi footer, that Christmas 2010 had all that snow. I was about 25 years old. We’re there multiple storms that week? My recollections are pretty vivid… even what YouTube music videos I watched when I was there. Rihanna what’s my name…. The song Animal by some weird group that nobody remembers. 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

No I did not. I’m right after all. 14 to 20 inches on the map. Right where I was…. And guarantee it was closer to 20.

I remember the forecast leading up to it as well was something on the order of forecasting 10 to 20 inches but most people got screwed evidently 

02315960-A33F-495C-BC43-33076ABBB4E8.jpeg

9 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Why am I so confused. I wonder if this massive storm I am thinking about…. Was not the Boxing Day storm.  What was it? I swear there was a multi footer, that Christmas 2010 had all that snow. I was about 25 years old. We’re there multiple storms that week? My recollections are pretty vivid… even what YouTube music videos I watched when I was there. Rihanna what’s my name…. The song Animal by some weird group that nobody remembers. 

30 to 35 inches was Feb 2013

• Thanks 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic