• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Lots of spread with 5 days to go… gfs is basically a whiff. It may end up like crap, but it’s early.

Op GFS is not be be trusted right now.  Way too wild in solutions.  The Euro and Ukie have been pretty stable and consistent in their solutions.  My gut is saying the Euro is a bit over-amplified with the primary.  That's one thing we don't want to see if you're looking for a solid snowfall around here.  I'd like to see a quicker transfer to 2nd-ary before the primary is over Pittsburgh.  Keep using the Ensm for now.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Thanks. That’s the answer I was looking for. It was probably obvious, but I’m dealing with a low grade migraine so I’m a little foggy. 

A lot of schools were also having problems lining up their pool testing for the kids because the labs were overwhelmed the last week.  At least that was the case around here.

27 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Not sure if this has been brought up, but can't believe the number of schools closed or on delay this AM. I think it's more of "we need one more vacation day".

A lot of it is Covid related stuff.  We had a delayed opening to test all of our staff.    A number in my building tested positive this morning and were sent home.  

The state botched this one in Mass.    We were supposed to get kits over the weekend but they were late.       

Some on the Cape prob due to the 1" blizzard

Just now, powderfreak said:

Completely meaningless.  But gotta talk about something haha.  Wednesday is a long way away.  That mean includes Saint Lawrence Valley jacks and whiffs.

Best potential for us this season so far.

I am most worried about a whiff OTS. GFS has been persistent on that and so many of these big storms have been shredded into oblivion over the past two years it seems impossible to believe one can make it into the GOM near the coast.

7 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Best potential for us this season so far.

I am most worried about a whiff OTS. GFS has been persistent on that and so many of these big storms have been shredded into oblivion over the past two years it seems impossible to believe one can make it into the GOM near the coast.

Yeah that would be the obvious concern because it’s certainly not going to rain up here.  It’s either going to snow or whiff.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

A lot of it is Covid related stuff.  We had a delayed opening to test all of our staff.    A number in my building tested positive this morning and were sent home.  

The state botched this one in Mass.    We were supposed to get kits over the weekend but they were late.       

Some on the Cape prob due to the 1" blizzard

In CT, Mass, including Cape it is all Covid related... None due to weather issues...

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic