• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

Very strong cross-ensemble agreement of signal for a coastal 4-5 days out. Do not live and die by the vicissitudes of the operational runs, because we have like 3 "trends" to go before game-time. This system is also an emergent of a jet displacement on the west coast resulting in a +2 SD change in PNA value, so it has strong synoptic support. 

ecmwf-ens_mslpa_us_6.png

gfs-ememb_lowlocs_us_17.png

gem-ememb_lowlocs_us_19.png

pna.fcst.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

Very strong cross-ensemble agreement of signal for a coastal 4-5 days out. Do not live and die by the vicissitudes of the operational runs, because we have like 3 "trends" to go before game-time. This system is also an emergent of a jet displacement on the west coast resulting in a +2 SD change in PNA value, so it has strong synoptic support.

I was going to say that I think everyone agrees in the formation of some type of coastal system, but then, you know, Kevin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George001 said:

The benchmark is 75 miles se of Nantucket right? Looks to me like on most guidance the low is well NW of that. If anything it’s going to be rain snow lines that are the issue, not the storm being too weak or far south based on the current guidance.

Due south 40/70

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, George001 said:

The benchmark is 75 miles se of Nantucket right? Looks to me like on most guidance the low is well NW of that. If anything it’s going to be rain snow lines that are the issue, not the storm being too weak or far south based on the current guidance.

walk to the sink and put cold water on your face.. it will help you wake up and stop dreaming 

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic