• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
TIMS model verification, December 31, 2021 - January 3, 2022

Holston_River_Rambler

Just hit 38 degrees in Southeast Hamblen County near Morristown and big flakes starting to mix in now. Probably 40%-50% snow now, gradually becoming more mixed. Here is some data from my sensor, just like Carvers Gap said, ''when the temp hit 38, things start to change''. Temp is now taking a nosedive on the graph. image.png.3c15ac3596883622432eb9f6655334a8.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RawCrabMeat said:

Sorry if this belongs in banter but

anyone else get too emotionally attached to snow/getting burned by the models in a similar manner to UT football?

How far into Maryville are you?

Im 10 mins down the road and we just changed over 15 mins ago.

• Like 1

Now about 90%-95% + snow here near Morristown. I don't have access to radar scope on my computer but if you look on the app under correlation coefficient it's pretty cool to see the change-over happen for most of west greene, cocke, and hamblen counties in which the outlying ''clutter-color'' on the map disappears and becomes uniform with the surrounding areas. If you haven't seen a changeover yet look for trends in the correlation coefficient. 

Nickle to Quarter sized flakes starting to lay on deck within minutes; slakes so big and rates heavy enough that significant melting isn't occurring, at least on the elevated surfaces. Temp now down to 34.5, will post the graph again next.

Looks like I'm gonna end at around 2.5 inches unless the comma head backs the flow up my way over the next few hours. currently the rates have lessened to light snow. Think I was indeed in the too far East/West camp as the low transferred to the otherside of the Apps. Still, not too bad at all using the take 50 percent off what the snowfall map is showing method for mby. I think you guys to the East are fine for 6 or so more hours of snow as the comma pivots over you. It's mostly just getting started for you guys.

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic