• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
TIMS model verification, December 31, 2021 - January 3, 2022

Holston_River_Rambler

Could be crazy but the cold air seems to be moving in faster than predicted IMO, changeover here in Greeneville wasn't supposed to occur till around 3-4am but judging by where the rain/snow line is, wouldn't be surprised if it gets here a hour or two sooner.  Temp has dropped here another 5 degrees in just 30 minutes

• Like 1

Just now, Wurbus said:

Wind is howling and I hear the rain beating against the windows near Cedar Bluff/Karns. If it switches over soon, and we get pasted, I could see a lot of power outages with trees falling in this wind.

It was doing that here about 15 minutes before sleet/graupel started falling. The changeover happened here at 36.8. 

Just now, John1122 said:

After about 20 minutes it started sticking to cars/decks etc. Finally starting to overcome the graupel and get pure snow. Hoping the rates/flake size comes up soon. Been watching a show on Netflix for the last half hour. Gonna check back after I finish. Watched pot theory on the snow rate. 

YWGq5N.md.jpg

Haha, nice. Here in Blount I turned on NCAA 14 and played a full game only to check back and... still haven't cracked 40 degrees

• Like 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic