Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Panic Room 2021-2022

SomeguyfromTakomaPark

5 hours ago, RevWarReenactor said:

ALready know where this is headed- a so called "great pattern" is turning out to be a not so great pattern. We got cold and watch as clippers dry up before our eyes and coastal lows head out to sea.

Once we break this pattern with a shut out, it will be an even worse one, probably SE ridge stuff and 60's.

I am ready for Spring. 

No you're absolutely right, but on the flip side, there's also been several times the talk is that the long range looks brutal and it actually turns out to deliver. I'm not saying that will be the case now, but it works both ways in the long range. It's why I never understand why people in here get so high or so low based on looks at 10 days or beyond. It's such a waste of time. 

With that said, the medium/long range thread REEKS of desperation. It's actually kind of sad to go in there. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I will always hope for the best until the end but realistically, I've set my expectations that we're done with 6+ inch events for this winter that are truly enjoyable (as in, it isn't followed by a swift and significant warm up/a substantial rain event). 

I hope I'll end up eating my words by the end of February but with the Nina in full control, NAO aggressively positive, and a few other factors, I just don't see much sustained cold to go around. 

I don't really care what happens in March. If we get winter fun at that point, I'll enjoy it but my mind has switched to my anxiety about Spring/Summer being right around the corner so it's hard for me to full embrace it the way I would in December, January, or February. 

22 hours ago, Stormfly said:

First week of March blizzard to sleet to ZR with 70mph winds.

Second week of March upper 80s, frontal passage entire state hatched with ten EF3 touchdowns.  Towsontown center closed due to broken skylights from hail the size of footballs.

Third week of March flooding rains.

I would like to add a quick winter storm following the frontal passage before the great flood begins 

2 hours ago, SnowenOutThere said:

I would like to add a quick winter storm following the frontal passage before the great flood begins 

As much as I hate to deal with it, I wouldn't mind a full day of steady rain, say 1-2" on top of a foot of snowpack followed by a week long or more cold snap of single digit highs.  You can literally ice skate across a county when that happens!  And it takes forever for the snowpack to disappear.