Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
New Years Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

13 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

A friend that lives in Troy told me hes got about 5 to 6" so I assume that's the totals across at m59 east. Guessing dtw and Josh got less based on the radar returns i saw?

Yeah, everything pretty fizzled east of 69. Confluence or deep south convection?? Not sure but it sucked watching the returns vanish..

14 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

A friend that lives in Troy told me hes got about 5 to 6" so I assume that's the totals across at m59 east. Guessing dtw and Josh got less based on the radar returns i saw?

2 7" at DTW and spotter reports of 4.2" and 4.7" in Roseville and New Baltimore (as of 7am).

Finished with 2.7" here and DTW. Expected more but still pretty out. 2nd largest event of the season (4.2" Nov 27/28). Reports show most of SE MI had 2-4", highest are of 4-4.5" in Northern Macomb, southern st Clair, Genesee Co. I have doubts about 5-6 in Troy but it was a drifty snow. It would also seem 2.5" on pns for troy is too low.  I will say that every other event this season has been pretty straightforward without any blowing or drifting so very easy to measure, this is the 1st event where you're likely to see some totals that appear too low or too high.

Very slippery with the icy pavement underneath it. Based on chicago area it seems like a lot of the snow shield underperformed outside isolated bands.

FB_IMG_1641151793669.jpg

1 hour ago, Chicago Storm said:

Roundup of final totals...
ORD: 4.1"
Frank SW of MDW: 4.2"
RFD: 4.8”
LOT: 2.7"
Home: 3.5”
Ex home: 4.0”

Interesting I didn't see much from Naperville(maybe 1") up to Cary (2.5")on my drive back. Maybe isolated pockets of heavier snows

38 minutes ago, Frog Town said:

How did this thing track compared to what was forecast.  Did the southern shift at the last minute not actually verify??  Was it confluence as it got to SE Michigan??

I'm not sure about the track, but it just seems like in general much of the snow shield under performed, with a few exceptions of course. How did you do in your part of Toledo? 

4 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

I'm not sure about the track, but it just seems like in general much of the snow shield under performed, with a few exceptions of course. How did you do in your part of Toledo? 

.5" would be exaggerating.  Looking at the liquid equivalent, looks like confluence.    

• Sad 1