• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Dec 28th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

LOT actually increased my totals for today up to 2"-4". Not sure how realistic that is but sure looks like the futility record ends today. More noteworthy is how quickly a forecast can change even within a 72 hour window. 3 days ago we were looking at a bland holiday week and now we are looking at 3 snowfall events including a potential major event at least close by and an arctic blast for the new year. Should all of this come to fruition will be interesting to see where ORD stands versus December and winter averages. And yes, I am getting ahead of myself.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 3

8 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

12z HRRR dumps 4-5" over the QCA and holds off the changeover to mix/rain till early afternoon.  Some other guidance has bumped QPF and delayed the changeover as well, so I'm thinking 3-5" looks pretty good for a call around here.  

Not too bad ourselves. Thinking burbs may score a 2-4” event 

• Weenie 1

I'm kind of puzzled at IWX not hoisting advisories as both the 12z NAM and the 13z HRRR depict a stripe of 2-4" north of US 30 and south of the IN-MI line, especially since this is the first real threat of hazardous travel.  My only conclusion is they're not biting on the thermals of the models and warm pavement. We all know when it gets to ripping, it can quickly overcome both obstacles. We'll see.

• Like 1