Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
POLL: 2021-2022 Season Snowfall Total @ ORD

cyclone77

2021-2022 Season Snowfall Total @ ORD  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How much snowfall will ORD end up by April or May?

2. 2. Will ORD receive a single snowfall event of 8" or more?

• cyclone77 changed the title to POLL: 2021-2022 Season Snowfall Total @ LOT
  • cyclone77 changed the title to POLL: 2021-2022 Season Snowfall Total @ ORD

I'm forever optimistic about these things, probably somewhat to a fault, but the pattern for the foreseeable future looks like big cold dumping into the west, a little lingering SE ridge, and a bit of NAO blocking which will keep storms from cutting to the UP of Michigan. If Chicago can mix a bigger storm in at some point they have plenty of time to catch up assuming that sort of pattern lasts a few weeks. 

• Like 1

I'm forever optimistic about these things, probably somewhat to a fault, but the pattern for the foreseeable future looks like big cold dumping into the west, a little lingering SE ridge, and a bit of NAO blocking which will keep storms from cutting to the UP of Michigan. If Chicago can mix a bigger storm in at some point they have plenty of time to catch up assuming that sort of pattern lasts a few weeks. 

This new pattern we’ve been in for a little over a week now hasn’t been terrible, and has produced before. -PNA/SE ridge just flexed a bit too much, with just a big swing and a miss for those outside of portions of MN/WI/MI, which I mentioned was possible on a previous post.

But yea, coming up indices all relax a bit, especially the PNA down the road. So should continue to have opportunity, but hopefully less swing and miss for those looking for action. Shall see.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chicago Storm said:

This new pattern we’ve been in for a little over a week now hasn’t been terrible, and has produced before. -PNA/SE ridge just flexed a bit too much, with just a big swing and a miss for those outside of portions of MN/WI/MI, which I mentioned was possible on a previous post.

But yea, coming up indices all relax a bit, especially the PNA down the road. So should continue to have opportunity, but hopefully less swing and miss for those looking for action. Shall see.

Yeah I'd think with the PNA relaxing and the cold air deepening to our west/northwest Chicago (and Detroit) will get in the game...it should eventually snow in Cleveland too, though we're dangerously close to not getting anything measurable in December at KCLE which hasn't happened since the 1930s IIRC. Eek. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...