• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit

5 minutes ago, EasternLI said:

Well yeah, never claimed it would be easy. Personally, I feel like there's absolutely no situation where these things are easy. Even in a perfect setup. There's always something to worry about. It's either no blocking, or a kicker, or something else. Is it a needle threader, sure I guess. But I hate that term because I think they all are anyway. 

I know you didnt.  My post wasn't aimed at anything you said. 

I disagree. When there's high latitude blocking there's many more ways to get something to work out in our favor.  Without blocking most events are thread the needle due to kicker, timing issues, etc.  

• Like 5

Watch us get a bowling ball right in the middle of an epic warm stretch in mid/late Feb. Bad luck in good pattern good luck in bad pattern (yeah yeah I know I know multiple waves interference spacing fast flow on and on w/r/t this month).

Bingo. I’ve lived through a lot of snowless, meh winters and a lot of fun, snowy winters. A few years back, I took my son to basketball practice and it was warm and muggy and over 70° in mid-February. We got a decent snowstorm a day or two later (2018).

It’s too bad the snow hasn’t worked out now when it’s cold, but everyone seems to think February is just not going to snow at all - which it may not. December was warm and all of us nerds and dweebs here were still surprised by snow on the morning before Christmas. I just wouldn’t go nuts knowing exactly what’s going to happen because we just do not know.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Rjay said:

I know you didnt.  My post wasn't aimed at anything you said. 

I disagree. When there's high latitude blocking there's many more ways to get something to work out in our favor.  Without blocking most events are thread the needle due to kicker, timing issues, etc.  

Yeah I hear ya. No worries at all. I can certainly get on board with easier. No doubt. High latitude blocking would be great. But there's still concerns even in that situation. Let's say there's blocking, but it's positioned poorly. Or overpowering, so suppression is a concern. I just feel like timing is the most important factor most of the time regardless. 

• Like 3

WPC  

1412256192_wpcwxfrontsf168.gif.ffadd6728e3c7404696d57d52ad52eee.gif

from the long range disco

Based on latest guidance comparisons, the updated forecast reflected a blend of 12Z/18Z operational models early in the period and then transitioned toward greater weight of the GEFS/ECens/CMCens due to the uncertainty of upper details over the West toward the end of the period and to yield the highest probability track for western Atlantic low pressure by Saturday. Manual depiction of this low will likely trend deeper as confidence in strength and track improves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

My only problem with it...it wiggled 200 miles since 12 z. 

Sure, but it looks a lot like some runs yesterday and last night. Which is why when this inevitably looks worse on some future runs, people shouldn't get all out of sorts that the storm is dead like they did at 12z