Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

1 minute ago, HinghamBoss said:

Just took a drive up to Lexington from Cohasset.  Amazing how far and wide these OES bands got.

Going up 95, solid 3/4” and flying snow to Braintree.  Continued to see flakes in sky till I got to Needham/ Channel 5 exit before the sun came out.

Someone must have a few inches by now, it's been going for two days.

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Teri Hatcher

I don't remember her being on Seinfeld.  Netflix has all of the episodes now.. I watched the very first few.  Man, were they awkward.  You could see how they were really just feeling things out.  And Kramer was really the creepy neighbor at first.   One scene, Jerry called him a different name even. 

• Like 2

Just now, Cold Miser said:

I don't remember her being on Seinfeld.  Netflix has all of the episodes now.. I watched the very first few.  Man, were they awkward.  You could see how they were really just feeling things out.  And Kramer was really the creepy neighbor at first.   One scene, Jerry called him a different name even. 

Kramer is always creepy.

Not fake

...Aroostook County...
Clayton Lake                 -36 F     0716 AM 01/22   AWOS
Aroostook River (Masardis)   -35 F     0715 AM 01/22   USGS
Big Black River              -35 F     0700 AM 01/22   USGS
0.5 SE Nine-Mile Bridge      -33 F     0645 AM 01/22   USGS
Estcourt Station             -33 F     0645 AM 01/22   HADS
Knowles Corner, ME           -32 F     0710 AM 01/22   HADS
Presque Isle Airport         -32 F     0656 AM 01/22   AWOS
2.0 W Allagash               -30 F     0700 AM 01/22   HADS
Caribou                      -29 F     0726 AM 01/22   CWOP
1 E Houlton                  -29 F     0653 AM 01/22   AWOS
Grand Isle                   -28 F     0746 AM 01/22   CWOP
Fort Kent                    -28 F     0728 AM 01/22   CWOP
Fort Kent                    -27 F     0729 AM 01/22   AWOS
Caribou                      -27 F     0654 AM 01/22   ASOS
Connor Twp                   -26 F     0745 AM 01/22   CWOP
Presque Isle                 -25 F     0700 AM 01/22   CWOP
1.2 E Island Falls           -21 F     0430 AM 01/22   MESOWEST
Woodland                     -20 F     0747 AM 01/22   CWOP
Frenchville Airport          -20 F     0653 AM 01/22   ASOS
Linneus                      -18 F     0331 AM 01/22   CWOP
Monticello                   -15 F     0748 AM 01/22   CWOP
Soucey Hill                  -10 F     0210 AM 01/22   MEDOT
  • Like 3

Just now, Cold Miser said:

Yeah. Parts of it have not aged well at all.  And the first six episodes or so were not very good.   It also ended horribly 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Cold Miser said:

They didn't have Elaine at the beginning either, Jerry said she saved the show because early ratings weren't good.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Seems like the airmass is meh....def more 12/92 parallels.

way behind this morning ( sorry ..) but that's an interesting comparison.   Dec '92 started as rain and ended as powder with temperature in the high teens, spanning the total 24 to 30 hours of the event.  Not everyone's accounting of the event is likely to agree, as this took - perhaps - longer to evolve for SE zones, where in fact it may have ended before that level of cold could be reached.  That's actually interesting ... I wonder what the last 6 hours of that was like down in Fall River and so forth...

Anyway, the day before, giant jungle drop rain propelled by gusting ENE wind, tended to sheet and whack face and nape at angles. I've told story of this event ...won't recount now..   Those drops must have contained very minute frozen content, ..I mean, such a small amount they were just beneath "white rain"  Their largeness, combined with the undulatory oddity speedily moving with the wind amid the sky above, to mention the temperature being 39 F ( roughly 2pm ), these were undoubtedly huge aggregates just melted within perhaps 1000K of the ground.  You could almost make out snow in the undulate mass, as it was pixelated, if one were to really focus to the point of a ice-scream headache - which ...guess what dork stood at out there in that cold morass and did that ... ?  LOL     ( George01)  j/k George 

But that night we flipped in Lowell as the story goes, in shock and awe.  Somewhere in the mid 30s, circa 8pm there was a flash of lightning .. a couple of them, with their sonic booms causing buzzing in the ceilings, while pulses of white noise buffed the windows of Fox Tower residential Hall.  Then, the sky fell..  Rain flip to snow as a wall. It engulfed all at once. It was truly truly a freak display of gradient.  30 sec.  Period. Not exaggeration. No hyperbole.  In 30 seconds, that wall came across the river in the night, and heavy rain when to 1/4 mi vis, with yet another flash and boom, in 30 seconds.  By dawn, 17" had fallen, the top half of which was like 15:1 at 19 F.  

So I get where you get that notion of it being marginal, but the storm certainly didn't evolve that way in total.   

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

The issue with Seinfeld now is the laugh track. I didn’t notice it back in the day, but since then it’s really gone out of style so it dates the show big time. Still a good watch though. 

Isnt that an issue with every 90s sitcom?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The issue with Seinfeld now is the laugh track. I didn’t notice it back in the day, but since then it’s really gone out of style so it dates the show big time. Still a good watch though. 

Deena looks grim-faced and condescending as George yells at the doll. She looks at the cashier and solemnly says “that man should really be in a sanitarium”

Later

George: “I got it from the institute! The institute”! (Chases Deena in his King costume)

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Not fake

...Aroostook County...
Clayton Lake                 -36 F     0716 AM 01/22   AWOS
Aroostook River (Masardis)   -35 F     0715 AM 01/22   USGS
Big Black River              -35 F     0700 AM 01/22   USGS
0.5 SE Nine-Mile Bridge      -33 F     0645 AM 01/22   USGS
Estcourt Station             -33 F     0645 AM 01/22   HADS
Knowles Corner, ME           -32 F     0710 AM 01/22   HADS
Presque Isle Airport         -32 F     0656 AM 01/22   AWOS
2.0 W Allagash               -30 F     0700 AM 01/22   HADS
Caribou                      -29 F     0726 AM 01/22   CWOP
1 E Houlton                  -29 F     0653 AM 01/22   AWOS
Grand Isle                   -28 F     0746 AM 01/22   CWOP
Fort Kent                    -28 F     0728 AM 01/22   CWOP
Fort Kent                    -27 F     0729 AM 01/22   AWOS
Caribou                      -27 F     0654 AM 01/22   ASOS
Connor Twp                   -26 F     0745 AM 01/22   CWOP
Presque Isle                 -25 F     0700 AM 01/22   CWOP
1.2 E Island Falls           -21 F     0430 AM 01/22   MESOWEST
Woodland                     -20 F     0747 AM 01/22   CWOP
Frenchville Airport          -20 F     0653 AM 01/22   ASOS
Linneus                      -18 F     0331 AM 01/22   CWOP
Monticello                   -15 F     0748 AM 01/22   CWOP
Soucey Hill                  -10 F     0210 AM 01/22   MEDOT

• Haha 1

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Obviously we kid about the fake cold stuff.  I always find it amusing when people get worked up about it.  

I got one am tired of shoveling my H5 snow

Absolutely... I joke too and know Scooter and Will are as well.  No matter how I come across, I'm very rarely if at all serious.  Its a love of weather extremes.

• Like 1