Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

2 minutes ago, George001 said:

This is from Psuoffman from the Mid Atlantic board, he has lots of credible and informative posts. 

“Models are speeding up the NS wave. Problem with that is the timing is now off and most of the STJ wave that was responsible for the better hybrid looks gets left behind.   That makes it more a miller b scenario and we all know how a Nina miller b is likely to end for us. Still time to shift back towards what we want. Several options.  1) get the 1st NS SW to slow down. 2) get it to dig further west 3) get it to speed up and clear out because there is another behind it that could link up with the stj a day or two later.  Right now the timing looks off. We just need it to adjust faster or slower”.

I love this development, it’s doing exactly what I was hoping for, turning into a Miller B. 

We are due for some....STJ has been unusually active for la nina. I did expect that, but thought we would have had more Miller Bs by now. That is why I have had hardly any snow...no SWFE, Miller B plus a bit of bad luck equals bare ground in Methuen. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

We wait.  Next week will either be exciting or infuriating or perhaps both. 

Hey meat before you snowbird forever and relinquish The Old Man Winter crown, we owe you a 78. Your Juju has brought many  great storm over the years  Thinking of you retiring brings a frozen tear to my eye.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Sizable jump in 0z Euro (vs. 12z) towards GFS

What a season that GFS is more steady (and trusted?) than EC

I was saying earlier.....GFS has been on a heater....been leading the way often. This wouldn't shock me.....the snow drought in this area will probably end with a bang-

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Sizable jump in 0z Euro (vs. 12z) towards GFS

What a season that GFS is more steady (and trusted?) than EC

Euro back to being more aggressive with the kicker, which is why it nails NS.

Jesus....all of the models have the origins of this thing in the Bahamas before the N Stream insert....this is how you get mutant snowfall totals.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Euro back to being more aggressive with the kicker, which is why it nails NS.

Jesus....all of the models have the origins of this thing in the Bahamas before the N Stream insert....this is how you get mutant snowfall totals.

Yeah

Obviously tons of details tbd, especially thermals, but strong support for a big system.

And not seeing the degree of wave spacing cluster look that has bungled other systems this season