Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

2 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

That look is confusing to me. The blues are west BUT the SER is way south of us. Is that showing a large model spread or just a transition to a western trough.

It’s basically a Feb 94 pattern. Monster AK/Bering ridge with western trough but Se ridge is crushed enough by the AK ridging that we are cold. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It’s basically a Feb 94 pattern. Monster AK/Bering ridge with western trough but Se ridge is crushed enough by the AK ridging that we are cold. 

That would be awesome. One of my favorite winter months of all time! Conscious that u are alluding to the overall structure and not actual outcome.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Maybe, but it’s been cold.  BTV doesn’t see fake cold and they are progged to see sun-zero temps like 2003-2004 this month when all is said and done.  The next 10 days look cold.

January of yore?

734158D7-979B-404A-BF23-74796C6A583A.jpeg.2fbc9c05324b7774a652fa189671aee7.jpeg

I lived in Burlington from 2002-2007 and worked in property management. Jan 2003/2004 were nightmares with all the sprinklers/pipes/no heat issues. I literally never slept on all those subzero nights but made an obscene amount of money.

Burlington had crazy snow those years as well. And that Valentines day storm was one of the most epic snowstorms I have ever experienced. 

month_1__year_2003__station_BTV__network_VT_ASOS__dpi_100.png

month_1__year_2004__station_BTV__network_VT_ASOS__dpi_100 (1).png

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

@CoastalWx

0A67E7B0-8045-4F7A-86BA-1E0DB42B8728.thumb.png.dad2fbdf204e310e50b6e3fec10b3296.png

image.thumb.jpeg.3c4dcee050fe3367aa4309db17eeac14.jpeg

This pattern has been hinted at but not truly set up yet because the western trough was so anomolously deep.  If it sets up more like that then we have a very fun time ahead.  It could all go to shite, but we should consider that there is also a possibility of a light storm mid week, a big storm around the 30th, and then a cold overrunning pattern setting up.  Both extremes are on the table it seems.

10 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

This pattern has been hinted at but not truly set up yet because the western trough was so anomolously deep.  If it sets up more like that then we have a very fun time ahead.  It could all go to shite, but we should consider that there is also a possibility of a light storm mid week, a big storm around the 30th, and then a cold overrunning pattern setting up.  Both extremes are on the table it seems.

We are due from some sort of evolution like that....N Mass has no business having basement snow totals this season. Maybe it goes down like that and is just a fluky season like '79-80, but always bet against that.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

On paper, it looks good....but I just need to shovel it to believe it, at this point.

Oh absolutely..that goes without saying. I mean what were in now is a good look, and we can’t land a f’n minnow, let alone a decent significant snowstorm. So ya, I agree wholeheartedly.  

• Like 1

3-cycle trend of the GEFs reversed overnight …  but EPS goes the other way - a little  hm

Numerical telecon (GEFs) have split with 1/3 of the members newly offering conceptual space for eastern amplitude. The previous renditions were not. So that method moved ‘a little’ in amp direction despite the graphical illustration … Plus with the EPS … it could all just be typical mind game where detection leads to finding least excuse to conceal —> perhaps come back. Time will tell. I was thinking to just let the 30th ride but these are significant hints that something’s there. 

• Like 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Oh absolutely..that goes without saying. I mean what were in now is a good look, and we can’t land a f’n minnow, let alone a decent significant snowstorm. So ya, I agree wholeheartedly.  

Tide will turn eventually...if not this season, I can not imagine it not turning next season.

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

3-cycle trend of the GEFs reversed overnight …  but EPS goes the other way - a little  hm

Numerical telecon (GEFs) have split with 1/3 of the members newly offering conceptual space for eastern amplitude. The previous renditions were not. So that method moved ‘a little’ in amp direction despite the graphical illustration … Plus with the EPS … it could all just be typical mind game where detection leads to finding least excuse to conceal —> perhaps come back. Time will tell. I was thinking to just let the 30th ride but these are significant hints that something’s there. 

GEFS reversed again at 06z in a big way...most amped suite yet.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

If my preference mattered, I’d do one KU, keep it chilly for a few days after and then go full torched Feb. 

If I had my preference, I would have 3"-6" twice a week, punctuated by a nice 8"-12" storm once a month and temps would stay between 0° and 25° right through until March 15th and then I would awake the next morning to sunny skies, green grass and all the golf courses open.  It never works out that way.  I never catch a break.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, mreaves said:

If I had my preference, I would have 3"-6" twice a week, punctuated by a nice 8"-12" storm once a month and temps would stay between 0° and 25° right through until March 15th and then I would awake the next morning to sunny skies, green grass and all the golf courses open.  It never works out that way.  I never catch a break.

Sorry to ask this, but what does KU stand for?

14 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Tide will turn eventually...if not this season, I can not imagine it not turning next season.

We absolutely cannot buy a classic juiced SWFE recently....either the antecedent airmass is crap or even when it's decent, something goes wrong like the shortwave is sheared and tracks through Ottawa or something. At some point that is going to change. Hopefully it's this winter.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We absolutely cannot buy a classic juiced SWFE recently....either the antecedent airmass is crap or even when it's decent, something goes wrong. At some point that is going to change. Hopefully it's this winter.

I think that is the crux of why my area has struggled the past several years...the absence of those SWFEs that I usually clean up on. For as much as I love the huge coastals, most of those are better either closer to the coast or further inland...so not having the SWFEs to supplement my snowfall has killed.

15 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

GEFS reversed again at 06z in a big way...most amped suite yet.

Haven’t loaded em on my phone. Had to chauffeur sister to radiology her cancer stuff and those graphics’ URL I know of don’t bootstrap/weren’t designed for this interface so was gonna wait for the 12s later in the day. 

• Sad 1