Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

33 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Really?!    Earlier this month we went through almost a week without seeing the sun for more than an hour or so.  We didn't see any of that white stuff falling from the clouds.  Outside of one storm that porked some, most of SNE is in a snow drought or whatever one wants to call it.

We’ve had continuous snowpack since Jan 7. With snow events or multiples each week since . And the month is BN. In any Nina winter .. you walk away with that and win . SNE never wins in s Nina . Not in this new climate regime. If you get 3 good weeks with cold and light snow events like we are in the midst of .. you take them . Feb and Morch are gone 

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

And to take it a step further .. it’s about the marijuana intake . That makes a difference one way or the other 

That helps too no doubt. I’m less stressed and not on edge when micro dosing gummies. One day when your liver gives out and you’re on the verge of having a stroke, you’ll chew a gummy instead and understand.

• Like 1

As a homeowner the last 3 winters, rather than grading a winter on the amount of snow received, a better measure I'm finding is the number of times I have to clear the driveway. I have not used the snow blower once this year and have shoveled three times. Regardless of what the microclimate in NE CT is experiencing, this winter has been.....boring. The most exciting thing so far was the two freezing rain events where I think I saw ~0.20" ZR combined. 

I'm giving it another 2 weeks. If we got nothing into early February, at that point, just give me Napril.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Close the blinds

67AC681C-F108-4D0F-A453-384ABB8F822B.png

Damn dreadful.  In the back of my mind I knew the end would come before it even began, but just didn't want to believe it.

I will wait until the end of the month before I start walking slowly to the Goldstar Bridge...or if I am up for the longer walk, the Tobin.  Either way the result will be the same.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

We have been tho ..heh, some of us.  Will...Ray myself. 

It's on the table.  The 18z GEFs actually has a modest signal trend that's better than 12z. 

Looks like a nice refresher for the ski resorts on the  18z GFS.  NW mass gets a little bit too. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

As a homeowner the last 3 winters, rather than grading a winter on the amount of snow received, a better measure I'm finding is the number of times I have to clear the driveway. I have not used the snow blower once this year and have shoveled three times. Regardless of what the microclimate in NE CT is experiencing, this winter has been.....boring. The most exciting thing so far was the two freezing rain events where I think I saw ~0.20" ZR combined. 

I'm giving it another 2 weeks. If we got nothing into early February, at that point, just give me Napril.

This is my main metric as well. I've fired up my snow-blower twice - both for moderate events which barely justified it. If not for the snowcover we had around Christmas, I'd classify this winter as a complete disaster so far from a snow perspective. Monday's storm was a Grinch-worthy wipe-out, and it appears that we're going to get through January without a single significant event. And now we appear to be staring down the barrel of a February torch. I'm shifting gears and hoping for decent conditions for my Montana ski trip in late February; at least out there it shouldn't rain (in theory).

49 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Should be how often you had 100 gals of oil delivered.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’ve snow blowed and shoveled only once this year in the same storm.  One clearable event so far of winter.   Pretty pathetic.   That event was fun but it was slightly over a foot.   It’s January 20th.

People up here on Randolph Hill keep commenting to me that "at least the plow bills have been low" the last two seasons. I take that to mean these last two seasons are pretty abnormal.

54 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

CFS vs the weeklies.  I'm going with the former.

Ya, why not.   That’s (The CFS) got just as much a chance to be right, as week 3 or 4 of the weeklies.  So I guess take your pick at this point. 

Lets just get the whopper at the end of January, 10 days from now, and then I too would be cool to just wind it down from there.  

But Of course, neither one of those things will likely happen. So in the meantime we endure. 

27 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya, why not.   That’s (The CFS) got just as much a chance to be right, as week 3 or 4 of the weeklies.  So I guess take your pick at this point. 

Lets just get the whopper at the end of January, 10 days from now, and then I too would be cool to just wind it down from there.  

But Of course, neither one of those things will likely happen. So in the meantime we endure. 

CFS has been pretty good this winter. @40/70 Benchmark mentioned it was pretty good in December, and January has been pretty good as well. Good in terms of forecasting the general pattern(s)…

• Like 1