Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

2 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Let’s end winter early so we can enjoy dead tree mud season for 4 months? Not sure that makes sense. 

Winter's not going to end.  We'll ski regardless like every other year into the spring.  If it's going to get mild, it's still awesome.  Arctic cold huddled inside, or t-shirt weather outside, it's all awesome in the mountains. Daylight increasing every day.  NNE vibe is take it in stride.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Winter's not going to end.  We'll ski regardless like every other year into the spring.  If it's going to get mild, it's still awesome.  Arctic cold huddled inside, or t-shirt weather outside, it's all awesome in the mountains. Daylight increasing every day.  NNE vibe is take it in stride.

Lots of weenies in here today. I'd love to end winter early more than anyone, but we know it's not going to happen. It's like canceling dews on 7/20.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

It’s been a sneaky component of this winter up here… lots of Wind Chill Advisories/Warnings products issued the past several weeks.  It’s become a regular occurrence all the sudden.

I checked today, it hasn’t been all that cold around here. Month to date MPV is +.7. It’s been colder at BTV, -4 so far. 

6 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I checked today, it hasn’t been all that cold around here. Month to date MPV is +.7. It’s been colder at BTV, -4 so far. 

It's true, but 10 of 19 days at MVL have seen temperatures below 2F.  It'll be 7 of the last 9 days at MPV with temperatures witnessed below 0F.  Some high diurnal ranges but the mins have been cold.

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’d love deep cold and snow more than anyone. But this cold and dry crap is just brutal torture. 

It's felt like deep winter up here with about a foot on the ground. The bottom 2" of pack is from the first event in mid December. The pack is fairly deep, the snow banks are high, the driveway is a slab of ice, and there's been some high end cold shots. We haven't gotten any of the warmups in CAD land either. My high for the month so far is 37F.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

As I’ve gotten older, I’ve taken it in stride more too. My mood is directly linked to weather though so I had to learn how to.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

Phinn is the reason were in this dilemma in the northeast, He brought up they're bad juju from the Mid Atlantic, I think if we offer him up to ullr, We may be able to salvage the next few years.

You would think that Eyewall leaving and taking his jinx with him would have cancelled Phin out.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well it hasn’t been cold and dry . It looks like other than a 1-3 Tuesday ad then it’s C and D . But it’s been snowy last few weeks. 

Really?!    Earlier this month we went through almost a week without seeing the sun for more than an hour or so.  We didn't see any of that white stuff falling from the clouds.  Outside of one storm that porked some, most of SNE is in a snow drought or whatever one wants to call it.

9 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Really?!    Earlier this month we went through almost a week without seeing the sun for more than an hour or so.  We didn't see any of that white stuff falling from the clouds.  Outside of one storm that porked some, most of SNE is in a snow drought or whatever one wants to call it.

He IPA.

10 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

CC

24 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It's felt like deep winter up here with about a foot on the ground. The bottom 2" of pack is from the first event in mid December. The pack is fairly deep, the snow banks are high, the driveway is a slab of ice, and there's been some high end cold shots. We haven't gotten any of the warmups in CAD land either. My high for the month so far is 37F.

Sometimes I wonder if you enjoy that, but then every other post is how you want it washed away. :lol: 

20 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

As I’ve gotten older, I’ve taken it stride more too. My mood is directly linked to weather though so I had to learn how to.  

That’s why we like the dews in summer. Kick back and chill as Ray sweats through his Bruins sweatpants on a 80 degree night. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, klw said:

You would think that Eyewall leaving and taking his jinx with him would have cancelled Phin out.

The first couple seasons Eyewall was up here were poor... but then he got himself some big systems and a 30"+ event in BTV.  Upslope land more.  Hopefully Phin follows the same path.

49 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah, but I think we need a little more snow on the mountains before we engage spring mode.