Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Euro could easily end of too deep with that feature.

I'm about as confident in the Euro's over all complexion of that range of time as I am in the GFS succeeding in halting society for a yard or more.

The Euro's puzzlingly bad performance at 96 hour lead wrt to the weekend "ghost" ...not sure what's up with that but it elevated a suggestion ongoing performance, to something more obviously peculiar going on with that model.  I still saw it operate better than the other guidance in a few different facets this winter, so..it's probably endemic to the pattern we are in ... and/or perhaps just that one weird positive trough handling - I dunno.  But my point is, we can't ( obviously and duh - ) bank on a climate ceiling depiction at D9 in one hand, while in the other, the Euro's on probation for whatever and whenever it does beyond D3 at this time. 

I would conclude - thusly - that this is mere noise ... if it were not for the fact that ~ 1/3 to 2/5ths of the GEF individual members I reviewed, carry important Nor'easter up the EC D8-11 - which is a large enough improvement from the 00z cycle to nod to the notion there may be something there. What that is "up in the egregious pun air" 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm about as confident in the Euro's over all complexion of that range of time as I am in the GFS succeeding in halting society for a yard or more.

The Euro's puzzlingly bad performance at 96 hour lead wrt to the weekend "ghost" ...not sure what's up with that but it elevated a suggestion ongoing performance, to something more obviously peculiar going on with that model.  I still saw it operate better than the other guidance in a few different facets this winter, so..it's probably endemic to the pattern we are in ... and/or perhaps just that one weird positive trough handling - I dunno.  But my point is, we can't ( obviously and duh - ) bank on a climate ceiling depiction at D9 in one hand, while in the other, the Euro's on probation for whatever and whenever it does beyond D3 at this time. 

I would conclude - thusly - that this is mere noise ... if it were not for the fact that ~ 1/3 to 2/5ths of the GEF individual members I reviewed, carry important Nor'easter up the EC D8-11 - which is a large enough improvement from the 00z cycle to nod to the notion there's likely something there. What that is "up in the egregious pun air" 

Yea, I don't think anyone expects March 1993 removed 75 miles east....but I think odds favor something more ominous than that particular 12z EURO run.

JMHO.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Focus on the Tuesday clipper. That should be another nice refresher like today at a minimum 

I dunno, it's pretty far north on guidance now....I'd want to see the southern stream inject some juice into that. Looks like one of those shredded radar 1" deals if we can't get more moisture....some previous runs were dipping that northern stream shortwave far south enough that we'd get the NJ-model redeveloper without any southern stream help, but those solutions are gone....too far north now....maybe they come back but I'm skeptical.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I dunno, it's pretty far north on guidance now....I'd want to see the southern stream inject some juice into that. Looks like one of those shredded radar 1" deals if we can't get more moisture....some previous runs were dipping that northern stream shortwave far south enough that we'd get the NJ-model redeveloper without any southern stream help, but those solutions are gone....too far north now....maybe they come back but I'm skeptical.

Its another feature worthy of ignore.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Focus on the Tuesday clipper. That should be another nice refresher like today at a minimum 

Never snowed here :( today...

I'm frankly less optimistic about Tuesday - for the record, I wrote about it yesterday as a "low probability for positive return," and meant it.  But did bother to go into some analytic ways in which it could evolve more just for shits and giggles.   God this winter is a f'n bore, man -

But I'm not so hot on that one ( not that anyone asked ) at this point, because what fleeting chances I gave for improvement, did not materialize on this 12z suite of model runs.  The wave mechanics started nosing into the denser materialized sounding/initialization on the 12z and it's still a blown open ravioli mess coming through here.   More momentum is still in process of coming in, though ...so it may .. probably not I dunno.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its another feature worthy of ignore.

Yeah I'll check in on it each run, but not going to waste much time parsing it unless there is improvement....most likely outcome on that one is a nothing-burger shredded radar deal.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Never snowed here :( today...

I'm frankly less optimistic about Tuesday - for the record, I wrote about it yesterday as a "low probability for positive return," and meant it.  But did bother to go into some analytic ways in which it could evolve more just for shits and giggles.   God this winter is a f'n bore, man -

But I'm not so hot on that one ( not that anyone asked ) at this point, because what fleeting chances I gave for improvement, did not materialize on this 12z suite of model runs.  The wave mechanics started nosing into the denser materialized sounding/initialization on the 12z and it's still a blown open ravioli mess coming through here.   More momentum is still in process of coming in, though ...so it may .. probably not I dunno.

I bet that there will be few samples of eye Pez amongst the 12z EPS members.

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ensembles are all north ?

• Confused 1