• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

Unfortunately it looks like the breaking down of the pattern is real. We havent gotten anything out of it yet, but still have a couple of weeks left. All it takes is one big one, my hope is we get a big one, then the thaw happens but only lasts like a week. The 26th looks like it has potential with the southern energy ejecting, if we can get it to time with northern stream energy this could be our big one. The navy in particular is more amplified than the other models for that threat, which is a massive red flag that should not be ignored.

• Weenie 1

To paraphrase Rick Pitino:

“The winter of 1969 is not walking through that door, and the winter of 1978 is not walking through that door. And if you expect them to walk through that door, they’re going to be wet and drippy … I wish we had 100 inches of more snow than Virginia this year. I wish we could freeze the world. We can’t; the only thing we can do is be weenies, all the negativity that’s in this town sucks. I’ve been around when 6 inches of snow was was booed.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, George001 said:

Unfortunately it looks like the breaking down of the pattern is real. We havent gotten anything out of it yet, but still have a couple of weeks left. All it takes is one big one, my hope is we get a big one, then the thaw happens but only lasts like a week. The 26th looks like it has potential with the southern energy ejecting, if we can get it to time with northern stream energy this could be our big one. The navy in particular is more amplified than the other models for that threat, which is a massive red flag that should not be ignored.

28 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

The wavy navy is amped for the 26th...flag???

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Just seems weird that the March ‘93 superstorm was targeted by models so early on and now almost thirty years later we still (the models)  struggle with long and medium term events. 

93 was on another scale...it was like larger than synoptic. Even with the coarse resolution back then it was a can't miss, slam dunk. But remember it was different back then. We didn't have all of the pretty, hi-res maps or the clown snow maps. We just knew 5 days out that there was a big Miller A coming from FL to ME. Most of the interior NWS forecasts just threw out a blanket 1-3ft total.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

93 was on another scale...it was like larger than synoptic. Even with the coarse resolution back then it was a can't miss, slam dunk. But remember it was different back then. We didn't have all of the pretty, hi-res maps or the clown snow maps. We just knew 5 days out that there was a big Miller A coming from FL to ME. Most of the interior NWS forecasts just threw out a blanket 1-3ft total.

I read in the newspaper how much snow I was going to get.  5 days off we knew what was coming!  

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro is weak sauce for the clipper....whiffs on the southern stream phase (but it's close to have to watch this)....it looks like it's trying to cook up something good though for 1/28-29...we'll see.

The clipper can form another CT CJ on the roof of Steve's dog house for all I care. I just want the end of month deal

• Haha 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I still remember the lines at MB wrapped all the way around the store when I went with my sister.

I tried to save a guy who hit the ground while trying to dig out.  One of those chest clutchers you hear about.  He was pushing a blower down the street in an orange hunter outfit and suddenly he stops, puts his arms up and falls straight back.  I was like WTF.  When I got to him his eyes were rolled back and his pulse felt like it was vibrating - cardiac arrest.  I could not get his tongue out of the grip of his teeth to get CPR going or anything.  A lifeguard I knew from school saw what I was doing from her apartment and came out and did chest compressions, basically took over the first aid.  His wife came to the door at that moment and she knew what happened.  I thought we would be doing CPR on her too.  The blizzard was still raging and it took the ambulance awhile to get to us - the hospital was 2 miles away.  The ambulance stayed there for a long time.  I called the hospital the next day and the guy didn't make it.  Don't know why I shared it, but this was just a memory of mine of the one that rules them all.

• Sad 5