• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

As we all struggle through an absolute shithouse of a winter, figured I'd share some outdated pics of my yard from the snow event a few days ago (Before the changeover to pouring rain). I measured 7" on the deck but likely had closer to 8-10" prior to changing to rain. Not bad for Bedford, NH. Much less only a few miles down the road near Bedford center. Looks like southern NH is enjoying an elevation-driven winter so far. And to my knowledge, no one has been axed in that creepy white chair in the third image (Generous previous homeowner left it behind).

IMG_4032.jpg

IMG_4033.jpg

IMG_4034.jpg

IMG_4035.jpg

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

12 minutes ago, NHDrySlot said:

As we all struggle through an absolute shithouse of a winter, figured I'd share some outdated pics of my yard from the snow event a few days ago (Before the changeover to pouring rain). I measured 7" on the deck but likely had closer to 8-10" prior to changing to rain. Not bad for Bedford, NH. Much less only a few miles down the road near Bedford center. Looks like southern NH is enjoying an elevation-driven winter so far. And to my knowledge, no one has been axed in that creepy white chair in the third image (Generous previous homeowner left it behind).

IMG_4032.jpg

IMG_4033.jpg

IMG_4034.jpg

IMG_4035.jpg

Not a bad place for snow if you're in the west hills,  towards Mont Vernon New Boston

3 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Not a bad place for snow if you're in the west hills,  towards Mont Vernon New Boston

Yup I live right on the Goffstown line, less than 2 miles from South Uncanoonuc. Every bit of elevation you gain west of the Merrimack Valley seems to make a difference.

11 minutes ago, NHDrySlot said:

Yup I live right on the Goffstown line, less than 2 miles from South Uncanoonuc. Every bit of elevation you gain west of the Merrimack Valley seems to make a difference.

good spot, also lived there for a minute.  rural but close to everything.  Weenied out and measured 31" there (1300') in Oct. 2011. lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

good spot, also lived there for a minute.  rural but close to everything.  Weenied out and measured 31" there (1300') in Oct. 2011. lol

31" is nuts haha. I lived in Hollis at the time and had 11" or so, east side of town with no elevation. My house currently probably pulled 20-24" considering that measurement up the road from me.

15 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Hecs near the 30th on the gfs

That's a monster at mid levels ...

D10 .. vague support at best, however, so best advice is to set one's expectations accordingly - which given those indicators ..expect that NOT to happen. 

good eye candy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That's a monster at mid levels ...

D10 .. vague support at best, however, so best advice is to set one's expectations accordingly - which given those indicators ..expect that NOT to happen. 

good eye candy. 

It has BECS writing all over it at h5. We can dream, we can pray, we can hope…before reality sets in. 

9 hours ago, Ji said:
9 hours ago, weathafella said:
This has been a miserable winter.   I’m not going through this again.  Contemplating 2 months in warmth next year-logically February and March but getting through January without snow sucks so it could be 12/15-2/15.

Whaaaat???

Ji!   I miss you!   

8 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

No Jerry…say it ain’t so? Don’t throw in the towel. As soon as your do that, ‘78 returns lol. You know that would happen too. 

The good news is if I go south for 2 months and a monster is a few days away, I come north, experience it from a luxurious location and go back south when it’s done.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Not easy to get sub-960 lows....nevermind at Cape Hatteras latitude, lol

Ye ha!  lol.. But, I can see why it is doing this -

mm...see, it's probably dopey for us to "analyze" that thing but fwiw - it's not the typical model fractal phantasm at 300+ hour emergence.  This is taking a full bird Miller A, not a weak one to begin with ... , and it gets utterly subsumed by a N/stream wave that is connected/rooted in planetary scale wave progression across the continent.  

It's basically the perfect storm or close to it ... about as close to the kinematic ceiling as can really even happen...

Buuut... the numerical PNA doesn't have any interest in sending any kind of signal into the east.  The graphics look if anything like we are heading for a thaw turning the page into Feb - which is another debate and open still... The GGEM and the Euro had D10 coastals on their 00z. 

There may actually be something there at that time, but it probably modulates vastly less and more middling - that would be my first stab but we'll see where the ensemble gather going forward.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Meh LBSW

It would still be a pretty epic storm even up this way because the WCB is so strong....almost like the superstorm...except further east. I'd take it and run and not worry if some hamlet in SE PA got 31" while I got 24".

• Haha 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

It would still be a pretty epic storm even up this way because the WCB is so strong....almost like the superstorm...except further east. I'd take it and run and not worry if some hamlet in SE PA got 31" while I got 24".

I was actually being sarcastic that time lol