Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Well we lost the 1/22-24 dual deal...both of those will fail.

But the 1/25-26 clipper/redeveloper is looking alive and well. Some of the guidance including the Euro gets southern stream involved too which will add to some of the model chaos, but I think there's a legit chance of a good event even without the southern stream.

That mid week deal looks potentially gradient like, and being peak coldest climo, hopefully said area of delineation will be south of me for once.....though I'm sure it will be around MHT or CON, where it has all year, when we aren't getting a SOP event.

32 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I honestly look at these past several years as me paying the piper, so to speak...I know scooter jokes about it, but it gets me through thinking that I'm making deposits into the weather karma bank after bending over 4 years running.

Yeah it’s not very scientific on my end but I figure the longer I wait for something good the better the payoff when it does lol 

34 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Another area sucking is Plymouth down to the Cape and over on Cape Anne. Not sure if you noticed, but there winter has been meh last 4 seasons. 

We haven't had a good Cape Specials in a while. Usually you'll one of those 8-12" deals out there when we smoke cirrus (or get 1-3") about once every other or third year, but we haven't had any recently. I honestly can't remember the last one....was it March 2014? I feel like maybe there was another one a couple years later but struggling to remember any. Maybe in 2018, I dunno.

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We haven't had a good Cape Specials in a while. Usually you'll one of those 8-12" deals out there when we smoke cirrus (or get 1-3") about once every other or third year, but we haven't had any recently. I honestly can't remember the last one....was it March 2014? I feel like maybe there was another one a couple years later but struggling to remember any. Maybe in 2018, I dunno.

Oh o…super computer Will needs an upgrade, it’s starting to lose memory. 

• Haha 9

26 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

yeah probably March 14. I'm sure we've had some smaller storms that clipped us since but I can't recall any biggies

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah that was good but it also hit RI good and a chunk of SE MA…not a “true” cape special but I guess it was pretty close to one. 

DT just inboxed me on twitter melting over this wknd deal not l trending north...seens to have really banked on it....tough for me to feel sorry for the mid ATL this year lol

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Well we lost the 1/22-24 dual deal...both of those will fail.

But the 1/25-26 clipper/redeveloper is looking alive and well. Some of the guidance including the Euro gets southern stream involved too which will add to some of the model chaos, but I think there's a legit chance of a good event even without the southern stream.

They unpinned my thread . Delayed by a day. Oh that's right only Tip threads produce snow. Lol delayed but not denied. Anybody getting a little Jan deja vu....

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

We had a pretty insane 49 degree change from this morning to this afternoon.  It's hard to really describe how much of a difference ~50 degrees of temperature makes in the "real feel" category.  From absolute brutal cold, tree and deck popping, nostril freezing on first breath... to huh, this is comfortable, only a shell needed.

From -15F to a very brief high of 34F when fully mixed is pretty crazy.  27F currently.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We had a pretty insane 49 degree change from this morning to this afternoon.  It's hard to really describe how much of a difference ~50 degrees of temperature makes in the "real feel" category.  From absolute brutal cold, tree and deck popping, nostril freezing on first breath... to huh, this is comfortable, only a shell needed.

From -15F to a very brief high of 34F when fully mixed is pretty crazy.  27F currently.

And right back to -15 it seems.

32 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Only got to 0° here, but never got out of the 20s. The CAD areas up here are still in the 10s and 20s while the hills are 30s. Then you have BML at 10° and HIE at 30° which is a wild difference for those two sites.