• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

Yeah—fully sarcastic about the thread starting. I couldn’t care less. 

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Today was absolutely brutal.

High of -4F at the ASOS and I just got home with -8F on the car thermometer at 6pm.

Good old max temp below zero type of day.

How often do you get those kind of days?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yeah—fully sarcastic about the thread starting. I couldn’t care less. 

How often do you get those kind of days?

I honestly don’t know, not often but not completely uncommon either.  The full calendar day below 0F though might be more rare (usually some cheap high at midnight or something on many days below zero during daylight).  Feels like maybe once a winter but hard to say.  Some years like 2015 have a bunch of them.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I honestly don’t know, not often but not completely uncommon either.  The full calendar day below 0F though might be more rare (usually some cheap high at midnight or something on many days below zero during daylight).  Feels like maybe once a winter but hard to say.  Some years like 2015 have a bunch of them.

Thanks, that’s what I figured—about once a winter. It’s gotta be pretty cold to be below zero 24 hours plus. 

14 minutes ago, drstuess said:

Did anyones weather station see a pressure spike? I saw some cool screenshots of people posting signatures in CO and FL.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

They measured it in friggin Iceland.   That’s nuts

That was one heck of a belch.  Must have been the IPA's.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I think you guys are confusing the usefulness of starting a thread for an active interval that host significant event, with whether said interval is in line with whatever it is that gets your rocks off. 

The active thread now? Looks to verify perfectly..

Jesus - ... the weather forecasting science/art is not here to placate your fantasies, and knowing "when" to launch a report based on whether a threat jives with that nudity is/was never part of its charge or reason for existing.  Aside ..if it snows early Monday at all you'll like like an ass

Rant over - you may not re-engage in your regularly scheduled programming-

I actually enjoy your day 6 threads, keep them coming!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drstuess said:

Did anyones weather station see a pressure spike? I saw some cool screenshots of people posting signatures in CO and FL.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I did have a spike downward a little after 10am in the middle of the steadily rising barometer.

BarometerHistory.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 512high said:

You know the way this winter has gone so far, I must say when Tip started that thread, its great to have "something" to follow, I enjoy the chase, so I await him or others go ahead start a thread on the next credible threat , what the hell!

This

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I think you guys are confusing the usefulness of starting a thread for an active interval that host significant event, with whether said interval is in line with whatever it is that gets your rocks off. 

The active thread now? Looks to verify perfectly..

Jesus - ... the weather forecasting science/art is not here to placate your fantasies, and knowing "when" to launch a report based on whether a threat jives with that nudity is/was never part of its charge or reason for existing.  Aside ..if it snows early Monday at all you'll like like an ass

Rant over - you may not re-engage in your regularly scheduled programming-

Are you new here?

• Haha 1