Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

1 minute ago, Greg said:

I actually thought the same thing. Super Blizzard '78 went all sideways at the height of the storm during those early Monday morning hours. Like a perpetual Snow gun or massive white blast sideways.:snowing:

I stayed up til midnight figuring we'd have no school and when I got up at 6am and looked out my window it was blue skies, thought things went south. I ran downstairs and looked out the door and the snow was above the top step, it was fours steps up to the porch and all I could see of my car was the black Landau top, car was buried. Never seen anything like it and then we got the wraparound squalls Tuesday into the afternoon and picked up another foot, just an amazing storm I'll never forget.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I stayed up til midnight figuring we'd have no school and when I got up at 6am and looked out my window it was blue skies, thought things went south. I ran downstairs and looked out the door and the snow was above the top step, it was fours steps up to the porch and all I could see of my car was the black Landau top, car was buried. Never seen anything like it and then we got the wraparound squalls Tuesday into the afternoon and picked up another foot, just an amazing storm I'll never forget.

what you just described must have looked something like this....

Blizzard of '78: Neighbor's car

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I mean that’s really nbd for them. It’s weird to see strong NW flow and they have the same temp as BML. 

Yeah shows how shallow the arctic airmass is. If it was a deeper airmass then MWN would be pimping -30s. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Somebody the other day said there was no drifts in 78, ha

The drifts in ‘78 were insane…biggest of any blizzard in my lifetime that is. I too thought of ‘78 when I saw the pictures from last night in NS.  But ‘78 seemed loaded with even more snow as it blew and fell in my minds eye, than the pics from NS…not that the NS pics weren’t very impressive cuz they most certainly were, but ‘78 was just such a different beast, an enigma so to speak.  

• Like 1