Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

34 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This is legit 1980s...there were a couple of horrible years, but most were serviceable patterns that just grossly underperformed. That is what the last 4.5 seasons have been for me...1 horror show, and 3.5 underachievers. This one would make 5 consecutive...1 and 4.

I moved here from Peabody in 2018 and jeeeeesus have the winters been boring since then. 

Looking at the upcoming storm this morning I said "this winter blows" and my wife said "you say that every year" lol. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SlantStickers Anonymous said:

I moved here in 2018 and jeeeeesus have the winters been boring since then. 

Looking at the upcoming storm this morning I said "this winter blows" and my wife said "you say that every year" lol. 

You were 4-5 years too late.

Models have some good cold shots this month, we need to put down a decent layer of snow before it comes.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SlantStickers Anonymous said:

I moved here from Peabody in 2018 and jeeeeesus have the winters been boring since then. 

Well, it goes back to Steve saying I say the same thing over and over again...show me something different, and I'll say something different. lol

• Like 1

EPS likes 3 different windows....first one was Jan 22-23....second is Jan 27ish....and last is Jan 29.

But in all honesty, any of the dates between about Jan 21 and the end of the run are primed. It was just focusing on those ones where we see a mean low pressure near the BM or just to our east.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yes. Our sanity. :lol: 

Yeah, that's the whole "She's not gonna let us out" joke....we want to just let it go but this winter won't let us. Showing a totally loaded pattern going forward so it makes it hard to just punt. I think she just wants to torture us....

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

EPS likes 3 different windows....first one was Jan 22-23....second is Jan 27ish....and last is Jan 29.

But in all honesty, any of the dates between about Jan 21 and the end of the run are primed. It was just focusing on those ones where we see a mean low pressure near the BM or just to our east.

I still feel like we are going to run into a stretch that will be looked back upon fondly. I would be the first one to announce if I thought we were cooked...did it in 2020 when I busted hard and it ratted.

On 1/13/2022 at 2:25 PM, Chrisrotary12 said:

Taking the NAM verbatim, but from this image your telling me the precip wall stops at I95? The bigger issue might just be the surface dew points and it falling out as virga. Eh maybe not, its not that dry.

image.png.d3f071af29d62bb1e474c95f3fa27362.png

Well I guess the modeling was correct. I had a few flurries earlier but that's about it.

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

I like ( ish ...) the 23th-25th, myself

• Haha 1