Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

28 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I have to assume he is a masochist.

"I dislike something so I will read and post constantly on a forum dedicated to that thing. I want to hear about that thing I dislike as much as possible."

It takes all kinds, I guess. LOL

You can speak directly to me.  This is a weather forum not dedicated to snow.  I can discuss whatever weather suits me.  You don’t like it, ignore me.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Looks like we are going to make it it your 1/20 date of pondering whether we may waste this period.

We could totally get skunked, at least large storm varieties.  I thought the winter would not be good, but not playing out like this exactly.

17 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

A bit demoralizing to See every threat on the ops disappear after the Monday event. Eps perhaps some promise next weekend? 

My guess is we get at least one more major threat before the end of the month....then after we thaw in February, hopefully I am right about the redevelopment of late season blocking.

• Like 1

As much as I have continued my several season run of getting porked in relation to snowfall this season, one thing I have noted this winter is that my retention has been better than most of SNE. You can tell its been a bit colder up here with the small amount of latitude that I have on SNE. What little snowfall I have had has been tenacious.....that has continued this month, as snow is very spotty closer to Boston, where they had good but more last Friday, and here, where I still have just about full coverage.

Shame I haven't had more fall.

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

As much as I have continued my several season run of getting porked in relation to snowfall this season, one thing I have noted this winter is that my retention has been better than most of SNE. You can tell its been a bit colder up here with the small amount of latitude that I have on SNE. What little snowfall I have had has been tenacious.....that has continued this month, as snow is very spotty closer to Boston, where they had good but more last Friday, and here, where I still have just about full coverage.

Shame I haven't had more fall.

GGEM has our 22nd system... 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Cosgrove starting to talk this one up for I95. The fact that there isn't one post about the EURO in the other thread tells you people are entering the acceptance stage lol

Yeah I’ve accepted that it will rain on Monday, Miller As suck you were right to call it miller asshole even when the models looked decent for a couple of runs. Nice storm for the mountains though.

25 minutes ago, George001 said:

Yeah I’ve accepted that it will rain on Monday, Miller As suck you were right to call it miller asshole even when the models looked decent for a couple of runs. Nice storm for the mountains though.

Well, Miller As can still be nice events, just not upper echelon for us. However, ironically enough it's our usual friend the N stream that ended up our foe here by pulling the s streamer due north. At the end of the day, this system is a poster child for how more can go wrong with respect to Miiler A because they cover more ground before reaching us...both track and life cycle evolution (occlusion) are coming into play here. This is the shit that you are less likely to deal with in Miller B events and it's a good example of why I loathe Miller Asshole. You just want the storm to go BOOM, and hit you as dynamics peak with little time for other mitigating factors to intervene. A bomb detonating down the street will usually have a greater impact than one detonating hundreds of miles away.

Ensembles (GEFS and GEPS) look good however GEPS breaks down the look about the 27th while GEFS looks like it's starting to at day 15.

Hopefully we get one if those great pattern change storms.

This good stretch hit the minute the MJO hit late phase 7 and now 8.

Looks to move to phases 6 and 7 again. Will probably get to 8 again for March for a grand finale.

58 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Ensembles (GEFS and GEPS) look good however GEPS breaks down the look about the 27th while GEFS looks like it's starting to at day 15.

Hopefully we get one if those great pattern change storms.

This good stretch hit the minute the MJO hit late phase 7 and now 8.

Looks to move to phases 6 and 7 again. Will probably get to 8 again for March for a grand finale.

That has been my big period since last fall.

• Thanks 1