Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

5 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

You now have cyclonic E-NE flow at 700. I dunno....that sort raises an eyebrow for getting precip more west. It probably starts as rain or a mix here, but if the meat can get west, might be a fun ending for a couple of hours. 

Taking the NAM verbatim, but from this image your telling me the precip wall stops at I95? The bigger issue might just be the surface dew points and it falling out as virga. Eh maybe not, its not that dry.

image.png.d3f071af29d62bb1e474c95f3fa27362.png

49 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Taking the NAM verbatim, but from this image your telling me the precip wall stops at I95? The bigger issue might just be the surface dew points and it falling out as virga. Eh maybe not, its not that dry.

image.png.d3f071af29d62bb1e474c95f3fa27362.png

18z NAM is east, but it's got convective shit all over too. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

that sucks!  47.6 high here, 47.2 currently.  Had some nice warm sun coming thru the windows, definitely a difference from a few weeks ago

We actually got a little sun here the past couple of hours. It didn't do much other than brighten the sky...still 26.7F. Hopefully tomorrow can finally get above freezing ahead of the shallow cold front.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya they’ve been atrocious lately. And week 3 and 4 are low skill.

-PNA isn’t all bad(if it isn’t like December was), and if there’s cold nearby.  Let’s see how the next 2.75 weeks of this month go first? 

I agree. The next couple of weeks at least are great, Feb can be figured out later. Often times the pattern change gets delayed, and even if there is a warm spell it’s possible it only lasts like a week before the pattern goes back to a big ridge out west. It’s too early to give up on the next storm that the models are running inland never mind the rest of the winter.

In all honesty I think we do good in March. We are getting this cold stretch the minute the MJO hit phase 8. 

The EURO has the MJO gout back to phase 6 and 7 right as the weeklies flip. Beyond that it looks like it's heading back to 8 in time for March.

Therefore we should get another stretch like this.

Also yes, does not mean we can't score in Feb as we have scored in much worse like Jan 12 and Feb 18.