Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

Just now, dendrite said:

Light return flow here on the hill has kept us around -3° the last couple hours. -20s up around Pittsburg, but MWN is up to -6° with the steady WAA. Estcourt Station already -25°.

Northern Maine does cold really well…I’ve been up there during some brutal cold, and have pictures of my truck thermometer at -32F.  Truck makes noises like you’ve never heard before. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Northern Maine does cold really well…I’ve been up there during some brutal cold, and have pictures of my truck thermometer at -32F.  Truck makes noises like you’ve never heard before. 

LOL, everything makes noise at that temp, my coat was crackling when I was in NH at -35, twice I've witnessed -35 both were in NH.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ive been up there riding in -40°F, There are a lot of things that make strange noises at those temps, Even people make a whining noise........:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember years ago wiring a garage in middlebury at 5* during the day and wound up getting quick snow then sleet, and our 100 gallon propane tank ran out and they wouldn't deliver due to road conditions, early 2000s, that was the coldest day I've ever worked outside, take that over 105* any day though... just broke 0* here -5DP

1 minute ago, DavisStraight said:

Should be a cold game in Buffalo Sat

yeah I was looking at the coldest games and remember that one in Cincinnati in the 80s where it was like-50 windchill or something crazy, buffalo had one on the top 10 in the 90s vs the raiders I think, Pats/Bills in frigid snowy buffalo should be a good watch...was looking at my upcoming trip and snow is expected, per WU anyway, all the way to GA, 2-4" there for Sunday/Monday

6 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

yeah I was looking at the coldest games and remember that one in Cincinnati in the 80s where it was like-50 windchill or something crazy, buffalo had one on the top 10 in the 90s vs the raiders I think, Pats/Bills in frigid snowy buffalo should be a good watch...was looking at my upcoming trip and snow is expected, per WU anyway, all the way to GA, 2-4" there for Sunday/Monday

Minus 59 wind chill, I remember that game, had to hurt to be a player playing in that cold.

Here’s a look at the coldest games ever in NFL history | RSN (nbcsports.com)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Minus 59 wind chill, I remember that game, had to hurt to be a player playing in that cold.

Here’s a look at the coldest games ever in NFL history | RSN (nbcsports.com)

I remember watching that one too, wasn't that also the year the chargers and phins played three OT the following week or previous week? imagine going from Miami to that or vice versa?? Green Bay has a lot up there too... back up to 1*, think I bottomed out right at 0 here