Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Watching the radar I bet Mitch got some accumulation tonight. 

I had 1.7" as of 4 pm, most of it from midday. I haven't measured since then, but I've probably gotten a few tenths more since then. The best of the streamer was a bit north of me. Currently light snow and 8° F.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wxmanmitch said:

I had 1.7" as of 4 pm, most of it from midday. I haven't measured since then, but I've probably gotten a few tenths more since then. The best of the streamer was a bit north of me. Currently light snow and 8° F.

There will be bodies buried up in them thar hills in no time. 

• Haha 1

17/10 temp has not budged in two hours.  Partly cloudy with a gentle breeze so that is not going to get it done for significant low temps.  Probably bottom out between 8-10 degrees.  Looks fairly uniform across Franklin Co.

I'm posting at 12:45am because I had coffee, about 10 hours ago, for the first time in two weeks.  lol

This pattern seems to be wild, not the type of pattern where models will lock onto a big storm a week out and then hold it. In my opinion a big storm is going to pop up out of nowhere sometimes over the next few days on the models. It looks like the massive ocean low that at the moment looks like it’s going to miss to the south is buckling the flow. It looks like there is a strong piece of northern stream energy diving down behind the near miss ocean low on the Canadian, and it appears to be going out to sea harmlessly. On this run it does, but energy coming in behind it is just a few hours too late to phase in and hook that low back in, slamming eastern areas. The low gets all the way down to 975 mb even with a late phase, imagine how strong the low would be with a phase just a few hours earlier!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

17/10 temp has not budged in two hours.  Partly cloudy with a gentle breeze so that is not going to get it done for significant low temps.  Probably bottom out between 8-10 degrees.  Looks fairly uniform across Franklin Co.

I'm posting at 12:45am because I had coffee, about 10 hours ago, for the first time in two weeks.  lol

The real cold push comes around sunrise.  Radar showing snow squalls moving north to south at least in eastern MA.  I might as well stay up for it.

• Thanks 1