Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

8 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

a tick better. prob just need 50-100 mile westward adjustment since the storm wants to run due north 

We need that PV lobe dropping down to trend a little west to give this room to amplify up the coast. 

I circled it in the image below

BEEBFE94-9121-4877-A3B4-97E758585C8C.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We need that PV lobe dropping down to trend a little west to give this room to amplify up the coast. 

I circled it in the image below

BEEBFE94-9121-4877-A3B4-97E758585C8C.jpeg

One should also look for these isohypses to take on more curved structure/flow exiting the coast, too - I'd actually suggest that is critically missing here...

image.png.d92d84659ff400e674c92022d690af1e.png

That "might" actually be a correction forthcoming - I was mentioning earlier in the day that the trough between the west and the formulating -NAO is was sans significant S/W input but ...seems the models had an ear to that memo because ever since, we've been trend more as your chart above shows.

If it gets much stronger it'll start sending out that curvature ahead. 

• Like 1

These little streamers are pretty fun to see today. One up on Rt. 2 area now. From Berkshire East.
webcam-3.jpg?timestamp=1641855785
I know that view!

... we're you IN the lift shack?

Lol

Edit... oh, that's a Webcam. Lol, whoops!

You know, it's a view I never get tired of, and OT, but I find it crazy how different it is riding a chair down instead of up. It's got an entirely different vibe.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George001 said:

Yuck I hope that’s wrong

It’s 600 hrs out! That’s all you need to see. That’s major clown range. The week 4 of the weeklies has been notoriously atrocious..I wouldn’t be worrying about that on 2/4, when we’re on 1/10 at the moment.  Just enjoy the beautiful look that’s coming presently.  

Lots of times these great patterns hang on longer than progged, just like they take longer to get established when they’re progged to get going as well.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

One should also look for these isohypses to take on more curved structure/flow exiting the coast, too - I'd actually suggest that is critically missing here...

image.png.d92d84659ff400e674c92022d690af1e.png

That "might" actually be a correction forthcoming - I was mentioning earlier in the day that the trough between the west and the formulating -NAO is was sans significant S/W input but ...seems the models had an ear to that memo because ever since, we've been trend more as your chart above shows.

If it gets much stronger it'll start sending out that curvature ahead. 

The tough thing there is that lead shortwave (or shortwaves...I think it is actually two of them, one currently over socal and one over the AZ/Mexico border) is being pretty well sampled right now.

10 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Pretty decent tick in the 18Z euro 

Man, we just need that PV lobe to dig a little further west and you’d prob get a partial phase enough to send this right up 70W. 

Wouldn't take much…I exaggerated the arrows but you get the point

B69E02C1-6DC6-4051-82AA-BED99FFD2160.jpeg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Man, we just need that PV lobe to dig a little further west and you’d prob get a partial phase enough to send this right up 70W. 

Wouldn't take much…I exaggerated the arrows but you get the point

B69E02C1-6DC6-4051-82AA-BED99FFD2160.jpeg

Kind of like the 8s 5 days out from January 2015.   Hook and latter. Can we do this?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

It’s 600 hrs out! That’s all you need to see. That’s major clown range. The week 4 of the weeklies has been notoriously atrocious..I wouldn’t be worrying about that on 2/4, when we’re on 1/10 at the moment.  Just enjoy the beautiful look that’s coming presently.  

Lots of times these great patterns hang on longer than progged, just like they take longer to get established when they’re progged to get going as well.  

If the long range shows a good pattern its doubted, if it shows a crap pattern suddenly they're accurate.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Could scrape the east zones for sure. Nothing WOR though…so get sober homie. 

Kind of like Friday huh…when eastern zones were only supposed to get whacked, but WOR gets the scraps.   And then I got 9 plus inches.  

This thing 4 days from now is still up for grabs for everyone in SNE….let’s see how this trends over the next  couple days. If it misses, we have many more bullets in the chamber over the next 2-3 weeks. 

• Like 2