Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

Just now, Great Snow 1717 said:

The Wentz of models....

The 12z Ukie also looked like it was going to have a favorable miller b if it went beyond 144

Haha I cant change my username for some reason, but considering we have 3 first round picks because of the Wentz trade and made the playoffs it's still wentzadelphia here.

I was planning to move to Worcester this winter but it will be next winter instead 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Good animations there. The STJ is an interesting addition recently. It should make things really interesting. Northern stream is still dominant which is good for New England (unlike some years when it’s congrats M.A.) but adding extra STJ moisture could make it more exciting. 

Its akin to a weak el nino pattern.

• Like 1

Just now, Wentzadelphia said:

The 12z Ukie also looked like it was going to have a favorable miller b if it went beyond 144

Haha I cant change my username for some reason, but considering we have 3 first round picks because of the Wentz trade and made the playoffs it's still wentzadelphia here.

I was planning to move to Worcester this winter but it will be next winter instead 

..until those draft picks hit the field...lol

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I guess, but they’re out there once 2 dozen cars wreck. We’ve known the ZR was coming for days…why can’t they pretreat? It sounds more like lousy planning to me.

A lot of businesses are completely shut down in Boston due to lack of workers. I've honestly never seen anything like it. Supermarkets are bare in certain sections. We are entering a new phase of this thing. I hope these researchers saying this is last varient is right. Deltacron story seems like clickbait. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kitzbuhel Craver said:

Yup. Not sure what thread it was, but someone had commented on how in CT hundreds of DOT workers were out because of quarantine and awaiting negative test results. Rapid Test false positives for the loss.

It kind of flew under the radar, but mass dot was advertising on all electric billboard on the state, a need for plow drivers over certain weight, for months and months this fall. 

I'm going to talk about salt, shortages, plows, all I want. Directly related to weather and impacts. Needs to be stressed. Cannot rely on roads to be ready for you this winter. Safety first. 

If you make it political, not my problem. It's just a current event. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DotRat_Wx said:

A lot of businesses are completely shut down in Boston due to lack of workers. I've honestly never seen anything like it. Supermarkets are bare in certain sections. We are entering a new phase of this thing. I hope these researchers saying this is last varient is right. Deltacron story seems like clickbait. 

There are already many other variants that developed after Omicron. When you have 2 million cases per day worldwide, you have a lot of potential mutations. 

There's no reason to believe Omicron will be the last variant to spread widely around the word. Hopefully the next major variant will be even less deadly and also less contagious. I also hope we have the capacity to rapidly adjust existing vaccines to any new variants that appear, which might be more deadly.

1 minute ago, eduggs said:

There are already many other variants that developed after Omicron. When you have 2 million cases per day worldwide, you have a lot of potential mutations. 

There's no reason to believe Omicron will be the last variant to spread widely around the word. Hopefully the next major variant will be even less deadly and also less contagious. I also hope we have the capacity to rapidly adjust existing vaccines to any new variants that appear, which might be more deadly.

The vaccine being developed by the U.S Army may be the best hope. 

8 minutes ago, eduggs said:

6 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

The vaccine being developed by the U.S Army may be the best hope. 

Let's just keep it about weather related impacts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ice1972 said:

The ocean ****s everything up…..

It really does.

and if you live in the Midwest, the Southerly flow does the same. In fact I think the Midwest is even more prone to large scale icing events than New England in some locales! The ocean is bad but you tend to get an ocean even away from the ocean. 

2 hours ago, codfishsnowman said:

If we get a few Miller As, everyone should be thrilled except the south coast (should they hug). They tend to be better for building a pack anyways.  I think Miller As have less of a gap between winners and loosers

Miller B is better for SNE. I don't mind the gap when I win. I'm not looking for a uniform 8-12" from Richmond, VA to Limestone, ME that we can celebrate with candle light vigils, swaying back and forth as one. I'm looking for 2-3' IMBY.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 3

an interesting thing I noticed was the catalyst for this upcoming pattern appears to be a really good pacific and occasional blocking but nothing crazy. The NAO may actually average slightly positive for the month, unlike say a 2009-2010 pattern. With how good the pacific looks to be I’m thinking this could actually be good, in that it prevents suppression, leading to a pattern that is better for us than the mid Atlantic like 2014-2015. 

• Like 1