Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah thats been trending colder....and the sfc cold may be underdone too if there is a fresh snow pack for it to rest on.

I'll give myself a :weenie:for asking-but is there any chance of that being a little bit of snow furhter north?

a little high ratio gentle snowfall up here on Sunday would be nice.  Sometimes those little things drop 1-2" and just freshen us up.  Seems to me that the long range outlook hasn't gotten any worse for a few days.  The question is whether we will get storms.  At one point the NWS 6-10 or 8-15 showed below normal in both temps and precip for next week.  But the H5 with a NA ridge and steep PNA, and deep trough centered to our south didn't strike me as particularly dry.

31 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

a little high ratio gentle snowfall up here on Sunday would be nice.  Sometimes those little things drop 1-2" and just freshen us up.  Seems to me that the long range outlook hasn't gotten any worse for a few days.  The question is whether we will get storms.  At one point the NWS 6-10 or 8-15 showed below normal in both temps and precip for next week.  But the H5 with a NA ridge and steep PNA, and deep trough centered to our south didn't strike me as particularly dry.

High squall potential with the arctic front.

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

What a disaster here this morning with the ice, Brother in law slipped and fell and broke his Femur he's in the hospital.

Terrible - hope it wasn't a complete break or compound.
The .2" Sunday actually prevented the skating rink I'd feared and yesterday's 0.3" added a bit more white "gravel".  Only a handful of flakes on the windshield overnight here.  GYX thinks 2-4 here but ratios might be anywhere as temps will be cold - 20:1 with good dendrites or the 8:1 cornmeal we frequently see when north-fringed.

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Terrible - hope it wasn't a complete break or compound.
The .2" Sunday actually prevented the skating rink I'd feared and yesterday's 0.3" added a bit more white "gravel".  Only a handful of flakes on the windshield overnight here.  GYX thinks 2-4 here but ratios might be anywhere as temps will be cold - 20:1 with good dendrites or the 8:1 cornmeal we frequently see when north-fringed.

Not sure, But its not a compound fracture.