Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

24 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Here’s the progression…this is still pretty classic La Niña but at least we’re not digging the trough into palm trees down in Cabo San Lucas

image.thumb.png.a34830ea340d75aea15ecf63638f6759.png

image.thumb.png.b17f4e5140ec609ac060c69758f5fc0f.png

image.thumb.png.cb2357337bf7cf55afd059c2b5cff5e5.png

image.thumb.png.0bc20e2f4c38c29e697c043f1b08c337.png

image.thumb.png.76face95f32ca6cd9227a5b2e54780f3.png

To me that looks good and would that not produce regular snowfall events across New England so perhaps not large ones unless we get something to dig in phase Miller b

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

To me that looks good and would that not produce regular snowfall events across New England so perhaps not large ones unless we get something to dig in phase Miller b

I think it looks quite good. Obviously we need it to verify…but I’m totally fine with that pattern. Big ridging in the Bering strait with weak SE ridging is actually pretty classic for active/snowy pattern in New England. It is cold too. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Yup. The ridge out west might sharpen up as we get closer but that look in Ak will spill cold air south 

39 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Pin the PV on our side. 

Yep. Maybe we can get a nice period like Jan 94 or late Dec 08 through mid Jan 09. Can get some Miller Bs in that pattern too but a little harder…nobody should have visions of monster blizzards dancing in their head. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep. Maybe we can get a nice period like Jan 94 or late Dec 08 through mid Jan 09. Can get some Miller Bs in that pattern too but a little harder…nobody should have visions of monster blizzards dancing in their head. 

Give me an inch or two that doesn’t melt before I’ve had my first cup of morning coffee. Low bar. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

We like the cold air source nearby especially when there is a SE ridge that pushes he storm track up our way.  You don’t like where you sit in that gradient?  It’s not a Miller A party but that is swfe and Miller b city

I meant that comment as a good thing.  Let’s just shake this garbage. That’s a decent Pacific with a closer cold source....I’ll take it.

• Like 3

This winter has been hateful for mby.    Now it seems we keep kicking the can further.   GEFS suggest past 1/7-8.  Add 5 days for the inevitable delay and we’re into mid January.  I won’t be up for the euro tonight....doctors appts in the morning.   Close the shades until mid next week.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, weathafella said:

This winter has been hateful for mby.    Now it seems we keep kicking the can further.   GEFS suggest past 1/7-8.  Add 5 days for the inevitable delay and we’re into mid January.  I won’t be up for the euro tonight....doctors appts in the morning.   Close the shades until mid next week.

11 hours ago, dryslot said:

We will run out of road to kick the can down at some point.