Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I don't see any big cutter on the models for NNE.

Sheesh these SNE threads are depressing. You guys go one month slightly below normal for snowfall and you all melt.

Rain up to your fanny, but the sfc low slides south of NNE. So it's a cold rain until the CAA and then it mixes out. Still many days to go with that, but the airmass sucks.

14 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I don't see any big cutter on the models for NNE.

Sheesh these SNE threads are depressing. You guys go one month slightly below normal for snowfall and you all melt.

Again, most of SNE, and NNE for that matter, has done better than I have over the course of the past several years. I have finished greater than 10" below normal for three consecutive seasons and am well on my way to a fourth, at this point.

That is why I am so frustrated.

That 'Miami rule' is being violated like a casting call hottie ... I can see why the Euro keeps that thing not only positively tilted, but moving at ludicrous speed.  I wonder if it is possible to actually have a storm move faster than the fall velocity of snow, such that it doesn't.. haha.

Kidding, but I think that D11 and 12 extrapolation off both the 00z and 12z Euro would be much better candidate for less negative interference.  Love to see those charts if just for the entertainment and addiction's sake LOL.   No, but you can tell the flow is poised to pop a ridge aft of that S/W ejection in the Plains on D10; meanwhile, heights over Miami are < 582, and the wind is < 50 kts prior to arrival.

Those two are scaffolding for constructive interference ... and the wave in both those cycles proooobaby looks tasty around NJ, extrapolated. 

In the meantime, I still think the weekend is more significant than this smattering of nuisance snow and mix intervals during the shrapnel this week. But I like the idea of that demagnifying toward more of a flat wave and possible more ice problems ...

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That 'Miami rule' is being violated like a casting call hottie ... I can see why the Euro keeps that thing not only positively tilted, but moving at ludicrous speed.  I wonder if it is possible to actually have a storm move faster than the fall velocity of snow, such that it doesn't.. haha.

Kidding, but I think that D11 and 12 extrapolation off both the 00z and 12z Euro would be much better candidate for less negative interference.  Love to see those charts if just for the entertainment and addiction's sake LOL.   No, but you can tell the flow is poised to pop a ridge aft of that S/W ejection in the Plains on D10; meanwhile, heights over Miami are < 582, and the wind is < 50 kts prior to arrival.

Those two are scaffolding for constructive interference ... and the wave in both those cycles proooobaby looks tasty around NJ, extrapolated. 

In the meantime, I still think the weekend is more significant than this smattering of nuisance snow and mix intervals during the shrapnel this week. But I like the idea of that demagnifying toward more of a flat wave and possible more ice problems ...

I agree with you, and I think Jerry has also said, that the second wave in January (10thish) has a better shot to produce. I think if that one somehow fails, we maybe in some trouble.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I agree with you, and I think Jerry has also said, that the second wave in January (10thish) has a better shot to produce. I think if that one somehow fails, we maybe in some trouble.

LOL right, cuz 2.5 weeks later pitchers and catchers report -

32 minutes ago, dryslot said:

If the lockout is over, Doubtful.

My hypothesis is pretty easy to come by but fwiw, they do so now to get their greed ironed out and divvied up before having to compromise actually delivering the product that allows them to bathe is avarice in the first place ...

But who knows.. You know? - not all billionaires are actually bright people - you have to read that scientific paper released where the researchers/authors used AI and math of 'doucheness' to prove that income and wealth inequality is way more realized by just dumb f'n luck than those with it know or acknowledge - One could almost imagine them still squabbling and counting their cash when the fans have already walked away. 

Baseball's in trouble. It has been for awhile. Between Millennials really not having the attention span or the heritage ( in either ..) to create a culture of interest, and the present generations aging and dying off... - it's an interesting outlook for a game that take inhumane hours to play and with eternity between in-game events - with it's present model and product profile it's got no chance with the way the world is changing. 

They have to do something to make that interesting... Like, how 'bout make it a contact sport - heh... yeah.   Go around 2nd base and close line the 2nd baseman trying to field the ball.   Just put helmets on 'em ... 

obviously not serious.. but MLB does have a matriculation problem

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Kids were getting antsy wanting to test out new winter gear, so went up north. Deep winter Concord-north. Just for the day. Heading back to depression later on. Solid 6-8+" or so OTG and meaty at that. Line of demarcation was literally exit 2 on 93. Could see the ice in the trees still yesterday as we approached. A very sharp line where south of exit 2 had nothing, but a little elevation on the hills (maybe 100' if that) had the icy look.

Love that you did that.  Brian and I live above 600 ft which makes a real difference to even the level at 93 along the river. He’s a few miles north of me though so he usually has slightly more snow but I think there’s a good 6 inches on the ground and it is definitely meaty. I’m hoping the week will be additive and then will get a big storm at some point

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

My hypothesis is pretty easy to come by but fwiw, they do so now to get their greed ironed out and divvied up before having to compromise actually delivering the product that allows them to bathe is opulence in the first place ...

But who knows.. You know? - not all billionaires are actually bright people - you have to read that scientific paper released where the researchers/authors used AI and math of 'doucheness' to prove that income and wealth inequality is way more realized by just dumb f'n luck than those with it know or acknowledge - One could almost imagine them still squabbling and counting their cash when the fans have already walked away. 

Baseball's in trouble. It has been for awhile. Between Millennials really not having the attention span or the heritage ( in either ..) to create a culture of interest, and the present generations aging and dying off... - it's an interesting outlook for a game that take inhumane hours to play and with eternity between in-game events - it's got not chance with the way the world is changing. 

They have to do something to make that interesting... Like, make it a contact sport - heh... yeah.   Go around 2nd base and close line the 2nd baseman trying to field the ball.   Just put helmets on 'em ... 

obviously not serious.. but the MLB does has a matriculation problem

Believe me, take a look at most of the NFL owners....just lucky sperm that are born, roll out of bed and collect billions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2